DC Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Switch Accounts

Staff Team

Admin Jules

Admin Em

Admin Lexa

Latest topics
» Blake Van Dross (WIP)
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 pm by Blake Van Dross

» Jesse al Ghul (WIP)
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm by Jesse al Ghul

» Site Rules
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm by Oliver Queen

» Site Plot
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:54 am by Oliver Queen

» Member Directory
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm by Oliver Queen

» Power Claims
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm by Oliver Queen

» Canon Claims
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm by Oliver Queen

» Oliver Queen
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm by Oliver Queen

» Application
Where the day takes you (Sirena) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:21 am by Oliver Queen

Where the day takes you (Sirena)

2 posters

Go down

Where the day takes you (Sirena) Empty Where the day takes you (Sirena)

Post by Jonothan Riley Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Was Metropolis in some sort of depression or recession? Jace had tried to find work to be turned down wherever he went. It couldn't have been that he wasn't a college graduate, he'd seen people his age working in places. The whole day had been one big goose egg. If his shoes weren't already scuffed and worn he was sure they would have been by the time he called it quits for the day. At least his mother was enjoying being back in her home city. That was something. Trying not to get down about his lack of job and just enjoy that he was someplace new, he'd gone for a walk again.Truthfully he was attracted and weirded out in equal measure by this city and the park in general. It was strange not to see people skulking about clearly up to no good with the citizens walking a wide birth or in hurried strides to quickly get home and lock the door. Maybe open spaces did that to you. Made you feel safer and less closed in and trapped. Or it could just be that even during the day the sky was blue and not a clouded over mute grey.

Running over to one of the trees he was able to run up the trunk enough to be able to kick off and grab onto the lowest branch. Swinging from it he pulled himself up so he could hook his leg over it. Successful, he sat on the branch, eyes roaming around to see what caught his eye. People watching was always interesting. Swinging his feet to and fro unafraid of a possible tumble from his precarious position on the branch, Jace lifted his head to look at the sky. You could see the moon coming out and the cool air felt good. Letting himself fall backwards doing a somersault in the air, he landed in a squat and stood up and blinked in surprise. He'd almost dropped on top of someone. "It's raining men," he warned with a smile as if this happened every day.
Jonothan Riley
Jonothan Riley
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Where the day takes you (Sirena) Empty Re: Where the day takes you (Sirena)

Post by Sirena Vetrov Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Another one of Sirena's wild goose chases had led her into Metropolis, another one of those places she had never been. She was trying to find her parents and she was not getting anywhere. Her councilors keep trying to tell her to forget about it and that she has already proven that they are dead, but she could not accept that. She had just left a diner on the other side of the park and began to walk across the park trying to figure out where to go next.

Sirena had hoped that someone at that diner would have the information that she was needing and once again she hit a dead end. She was really hating dead ends, but things were starting to happen around her and she was trying to find the answers. She was reading some of the notes she had written down trying to see if that was some clue that she had missed. Of course like her she really was not paying attention until a man dropped out of the sky right in front of her and she jumped a little when he landed, "Well I suppose for a girl like me that might be a good thing." She said with a laugh, "Unless you are planning on attacking me then that might not be a good thing for you."
Sirena Vetrov
Sirena Vetrov
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonothan Riley Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:54 pm

The reception he received from his unexpected appearance took Jace by surprise. It was better than a slap to the face or getting rather familiar with her handbag which wouldn't have been so pleasant. Her retort kept the smile on his face and he was quite happy that he didn't have to explain why he'd gone out for a walk and returned with a shiner. He raised his hands in the universal sign of 'I come in peace,' or 'see, I'm not armed, so don't kill me, please'. Both amused, confused, and rather concerned, he wondered, "Why would I want to hurt you?"

When people told him that something wouldn't be good for him, Jace tended to believe them. Some people were just all talk, but for those that weren't it was best to just agree with them and get whatever business over with quickly. Otherwise you had to run, and that was something he was very good at. Not to mention he wouldn't feel right about challenging someone he practically almost dropped on top of. As if the lightbulb just went understanding lit his face. "I promise I wasn't laying in wait for you." As if to prove how honest he was, he crossed his heart with one hand and then dropped both to his sides. "I just like to climb trees."
Jonothan Riley
Jonothan Riley
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirena Vetrov Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Sirena had been through stuff situations before so it was not like she was afraid for her life.  She had a lot of physical training during her PI training so she could easily take care of herself and she was always packing a gun somewhere, sometimes two.  She laughed a little when the man threw up his hands,"When you want to surrender, it would better if you would rip off your white shirt. Much more appealing, and distracting." She smirked, but then she thought and asked. “Why would any man want to attack a woman?”  Sirena asked as she looked at the man and tilted her head a little.

“I am sure I have heard that answer a lot of times.”  Sirena commented about the laying in wait comment.  “But then never had a man fall in my lap before.”  She said meaning figuratively.  Sirena took a moment to look up the tree to see just how high it was and got to thinking about the last time she had climbed a tree.  She never really had a chance to growing up and even when she was able to try, she never did see the reasoning behind it.  “Why exactly?”  She asked him looking up into the tree.  “What is the purpose of climbing trees?”
Sirena Vetrov
Sirena Vetrov
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonothan Riley Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Jace had to blink and blink again in stunned amazement then threw his head back and laughed. This woman was funny! He'd never gotten that kind of reaction nor had it ever crossed his mind to take off his shirt and wave it as a truce flag. He would have to keep that in mind in case he needed that. Then again, maybe not all women were as understanding and interesting as she was.

"No idea," he shrugged because he didn't know. Sure, he knew lots of reasons that people stated why they did such things, but it never really made much sense to him. He was weird that way.

"Guess that means you're special," Jace replied and then realized what he'd said and gave an awkward smile. Her next question caught him off guard and it took a moment for it to sink in. Looking up into the tree branches himself, he rubbed his hands on his jeans to get the bark off his legs.

"Well..." he'd never really thought of it before. Trees were there as if begging to be climbed and explored. "I guess because they're sort of rare. Well, in Gotham I mean. And you wouldn't really want to climb them."

Shrugging he could only finish by saying, "It's fun?"
Jonothan Riley
Jonothan Riley
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirena Vetrov Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:56 am

Sirena was glad she could at least make this man laugh, even though she was not sure what was so funny about her comment.  She had to admit the man was cute and she would not mind seeing him with his shirt off.  She thought to herself and then chastised herself for having those types of thought.  “That’s because no one knows what a man will actually do or not do.”  She said with a shrug.  It really was an honest answer.

Sirena never had anyone tell her she was special before, and to be honest she was not sure if she really was.  “Special because of a man falling into my lap?”  She asked with a giggle.  “I suppose I could be something, more like bad luck.”  She stated.  Not sure how to react anymore because usually she just didn’t talk to people out of the blue unless she had something to say.  But then this was a handsome man and he probably already had a girlfriend.

Sirena looked back up into the tree trying to figure out why anyone would find it fun.  Hell how would one get up in the tree.  “Well you must be part monkey then, because I only thought monkey’s climbed trees.”  She laughed still looking in the three.  “So how do you get up there?”  Sirena asked knowing this guy probably thought she was crazy but growing up in a orphanage there was never any trees.
Sirena Vetrov
Sirena Vetrov
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonothan Riley Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:02 pm

"Sometimes a man doesn't know what he will or won't do either," he replied back just as honestly. Hadn't that been one of the things his mother always chided him on? Something about him not having any impulse control. At least that got better as he got older but he still would end up doing things before his brain had caught up to what he was doing or saying. Maybe it was just a guy thing?

"Special because it was me," Jace stated matter of factly. While not completely conceited and if someone actually started flirting with him and he was aware of it - he was a bit dense at times - he knew that he wasn't a complete troll. Also there was the fact that if it was someone other then him, they likely had bad inclinations and intentions towards whomever they happened upon.

"Huh," the word came out thoughtfully as he mused over what was said. "I've been called a lot of things, but I don't think I've actually ever been called bad luck."

Laughing again at the comment about monkeys, recalling how many times he got that yelled at him by his mother trying to get him down off of high things. Eyes shining with warmth and humor, Jace didn't hesitate before he took a few steps away from her then ran at the tree. As he passed by her he called, "Like this!" And performed exactly as he had before to get to the branch he'd been on that led to their conversation. Looking down at the woman he gestured. "Come, on. You can do it."
Jonothan Riley
Jonothan Riley
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirena Vetrov Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Sirena had to admit she found this man very interesting and he made her laugh a little bit.  She could not remember the last time she felt like a good laugh.  “So you’re telling me you never know what you’re going to do or not do?”  Sirena asked rather innocently.  “You do seem like a rather high spirited so I imagine you do things by the seat of your pants.”  She laughed wishing she was like that once in awhile.

Sirena playfully smacked the strangers arm at his comment and maybe there was some truth to his comment about himself.  Looking him over he did seem pretty special to her, but then guys like him were never meant for her.  “Well you must be special to someone, probably that beautiful girl that owns your heart.”  She commented with a little blush.  “But you’re special because you are at least being a gentleman to a complete stranger.”  She told him still blushing.

Sirena sighed and shook her head a little when she realized that he misunderstood what she had said to him.  She never thought badly of many people and in fact usually the one she felt the worst about was usually herself.  “No, you misunderstand.  I am the one who comes with the bad luck, not you.”  Sirena quickly corrected him knowing all too well if it wasn’t for bad luck she wouldn’t have any luck at all.

Sirena could not help but laugh as she watched this man climb up the tree and he made it seem so easy as he did it.  “Oh yes, you just climbed right up there.  I will probably break my neck.”  Sirena laughed shaking her head still debating on whether or not she was going to do it.  When he told her to come on she laughed a little and tried to jump up and grab the branch like he did, “Oh yes this is so easy.”  She laughed trying to pull herself up, but failing miserably and laughing.  “Please help me.”  She asked.
Sirena Vetrov
Sirena Vetrov
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonothan Riley Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:32 am

Jon had grinned in reply to her first question because that pretty much summed it up. If he tried to think things through he would be talking himself out of it. Or would take too long to come to the same conclusion and doing it anyway. Much better just cutting out the middle unnecessary part.

Taking one day at a time as it came was in Jon's opinion the best way to live. Sure, it caused some problems, but it made life interesting. The only real stress he had was when he allowed it to overwhelm him, which he made sure only happened occassionally. While he agreed to commit to certain timeframes, mostly he ignored them, hence why he didn't own a watch.

Flirting had never came easily to Jon as it did to other guys he knew. So he would find himself completely clueless when told he'd been flirting when he hadn't meant to. It seemed to him that when he tried it didn't go well. So when the blond talked about a special woman his mind went blank unable to reply aaide from an awkward shy shrug. As for the gentleman part he wasn't sure that's exactly the way to describe it.

Flipping himself to hang upside down, he held his hands out to the woman. He gave her a gesture to grab ahold. When she jumped and took hold of his wrists and he hers, he gave a sincere look he stated, "Maybe your luck is changing. It led you to me afterall."

Using all the muscle and dexterity he had, Jon pulled the woman up to share his branch. "Thank you for trusting me."
Jonothan Riley
Jonothan Riley
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirena Vetrov Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Sirena had never thought for any moment in time that she would have run into a man that peaked her interest in the slightest. She was always on the search of answer and was never interested in a male companion or any companion if the truth be told. Friends tried to tell her once that one of these days when she least expected it. But this was not what she was expecting when she walked into the park.

Sirena suddenly felt like things in her life were going to turn around, just by some stranger in the park. Of course if anyone asked her to explain it she would never be able to do it. He made her smile and laugh and it had been awhile since she had been able to do that, so worried about finding out her history to think about anything else in her life. Maybe that was why she was still unhappy after all this time. This man had a persona about him that made her feel like she could have some piece of happiness in her life even if it was for a short period of time.

Sirena was unsure if she was flirting with this man or not, but she was enjoying their comments between each other. Although this man was not much on talking if you watched his body language and his eyes one could learn a lot from him. She could not help but giggle when he told her that her luck was changing and at the point she could not argue that fact. “That is very true, or I could have been meant to find this tree.” She pointed out and rubbed the tree playfully. “And you the tree’s guardian just happened to be here.” She was still laughing.

Sirena had no problems grasping onto the man as he pulled her up into the tree and once she was on the limb next to him she grasped a hold of him so she would not fall out of the tree. “You’re welcome.” She smiled. “It is in your eyes.” She said with a blush, and then smiled. “I am Sirena.” She said still refusing to let go. “Please don’t let me fall.”
Sirena Vetrov
Sirena Vetrov
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down