DC Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Switch Accounts

Staff Team

Admin Jules

Admin Em

Admin Lexa

Latest topics
» Blake Van Dross (WIP)
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 pm by Blake Van Dross

» Jesse al Ghul (WIP)
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm by Jesse al Ghul

» Site Rules
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm by Oliver Queen

» Site Plot
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:54 am by Oliver Queen

» Member Directory
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm by Oliver Queen

» Power Claims
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm by Oliver Queen

» Canon Claims
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm by Oliver Queen

» Oliver Queen
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm by Oliver Queen

» Application
To Find Meaning (Yoshima) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:21 am by Oliver Queen

To Find Meaning (Yoshima)

2 posters

Go down

To Find Meaning (Yoshima) Empty To Find Meaning (Yoshima)

Post by Ansel Goddard Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:36 am

Ansel lazily flipped another page of the giant dictionary the bookstore had on display, having gotten bored on a slow afternoon, not that any other time was any more busy.  Bookworms, with a cheesy name and not much of a selection, was a small store, but it was quaint and perfect for Ansel's purpose of keeping a low profile and out of danger, even though he had enjoyed the shine of the lime light before.  It was a shame, really, but he would take it over going to times unknown any day.

His work had become his life; it was basically all he did now, read, go home, come to work, read more.  He was expanding his view on life and literature, but he was not socializing properly and had failed to have fun.  He was out of sight, and out of mind for even his two co-workers most of the time, except when they needed something done.  Arguably, he was letting himself be pushed around by them, but he had nothing better to do than work, so why protest?

As Ansel skimmed yet another page, he came across the word time, snorting at how ironic that was.  He, who traveled through time, had no control over it.  Sometimes he felt that his ability was a curse because it seemed to be uncontrollable, but in the back of his mind he knew that any normal person would give anything for it, and he would gladly trade it if he could return to his family beforehand.  He missed his little sister, often wondering if she would be any older when... if he returned.  There was no doubt that he would have aged, which made him think about what his parents' view of the situation was.  The last they had heard of him was a goodbye before he had left for a flight, but had they known that  the plane crashed?  He let out a sigh, trying again to concentrate on the dictionary and giving up after reading that same word over and over.
Ansel Goddard
Ansel Goddard
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

To Find Meaning (Yoshima) Empty Re: To Find Meaning (Yoshima)

Post by Yoshima Nyuki Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Yoshima was at home getting his things ready. He was reading a book on life. These books blow. Why are they so boring. Damn I've like though this book five times. Nothing is even useful in these things. Why do I even buy such things any more when I can go to the library and read it for free there. Urg, choices of life. He thought to himself slowly. He closed the book shut and sighing simply as he did this he would then stand up and toss it across the room. Going to the shower he would do his daily duties and come out of the shower with his towel wrapped around his wash."God Damn it. I am cold now." he complained. Like a child. Yoshima only displayed this type of personality when he was alone and in his House.

Getting himself a nice suit. He would get his boxers and white socks on before placing the dress pants and shirt on. Wasn't much of a suit he sighed softly. Picking up a leather jacket he placed it on him. Looking into the mirror he pointed both fingers at it then the thumbs turned to him."Dashing Yoshima Nyuki, The Library awaits you." He chuckled. In honestly, Yoshima Knew he looked horrible in that outfit or whatever he had picked out to wear for the evening. He simply did not care at all.

He would make his way out. Closing the door and headed out to the Bookstore. After a hour of walking, Yoshima arrived, opening the door. As he made his way to the front desk."Do you by any chance have the Game of Thrones Series I've been wanting to read it." He asked the man slowly. Trying to get the man's attention by tapping his fingers on the table. Once that was done he would sigh simply and shake his head. Waiting for some form of reply from him.
Yoshima Nyuki
Yoshima Nyuki
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Ansel Goddard Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:25 am

Once again, Ansel wondered why he even chose to work at a bookstore when a library was much more interesting.  There, there was the possibility of having regulars, people to carry conversations with, unlike a bookstore which was only random customers who were willing to commit to a certain book for whatever amount of time.  Though the more he considered it, the more he disagreed with his previous opinion.  Having conversations with people would almost force him to become sociable, which would not be good because he was not planning on making friends or potentially endangering his life.  Sure, there were still the average dangers: car crash, malfunction with anything electronic, disease, natural disaster, etc.  He figured that those were unlikely enough to live on relatively safely, in contrast to being around people more often, which could potentially get him involved in what had forced him into this time in the first place.

As he heard a voice, Ansel quickly moved his attention to the newest customer, a man in a leather jacket asking about the Game of Thrones series. "Yeah, it's right over here," he walked from behind the counter over to one of the bookshelves, waiting for the man to follow before gesturing to the book series. "We don't have the third one right now, but it'll be here by next week." The store would receive a new shipment of their most popular books in a few days, which included Game of Thrones.  Ansel himself had never actually read any of them, having not gotten to that letter yet; he was slowly working through every book that the store had, though he would arrive at M soon.

"If you need anymore help I'll be back at the counter," he pointed over his shoulder at the aforementioned place before heading back there, releasing a bored sigh as he reached the front desk.  His life was so boring, but at least he was safe.
Ansel Goddard
Ansel Goddard
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoshima Nyuki Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:54 am

Nodding his head he followed him. The books lovely. He will finally be able to buy them. What great fun that was. He shook his head and sighed. But that was the thrill. The thrill of obtaining a book. He was going to use this book to hang it over to the kiddios or homeless guy. Then it back to personal needs. Those personal needs were being killing people. And helping the good guys. Shaking his head he would slowly then make his way towards the book grab and head back to the counter."I'll be buying two of each. One for myself one for charity. How much is that? And I will return next week for the next set of books. And if you have any recommendation on books please do tell if you do not mind of course." he said quietly.

Placing the four books on the counter, two of each book he would take out his wallet and speak."How much will that be?" he asked quietly. Waiting for a reply. he seemed off. In terms of being bored. But Yoshima wasn't going to strike a conservation. He was busy himself. and time was at a essence at the moment. It was best to buy the book head over to donate. And head home to read some then simply once night fell do what he did best. Hunt down criminals and help the city out.

(Apologies for the smaller post on this one.)
Yoshima Nyuki
Yoshima Nyuki
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down