DC Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Switch Accounts

Staff Team

Admin Jules

Admin Em

Admin Lexa

Latest topics
» Blake Van Dross (WIP)
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 pm by Blake Van Dross

» Jesse al Ghul (WIP)
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm by Jesse al Ghul

» Site Rules
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm by Oliver Queen

» Site Plot
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:54 am by Oliver Queen

» Member Directory
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm by Oliver Queen

» Power Claims
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm by Oliver Queen

» Canon Claims
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm by Oliver Queen

» Oliver Queen
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm by Oliver Queen

» Application
Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:21 am by Oliver Queen

Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper)

2 posters

Go down

Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) Empty Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper)

Post by Cassandra George Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Four days.  It had been ninety-six hours since everything had gone wrong.  Cassie was broken, floundering in what was left of her being; she was simply lucky that she had called in sick since then.  No one knew, and surprisingly enough no one asked, but she could tell that they were curious.  Cassie would tell them nothing even if they had the courage to question her change in character.  It was shameful what she let that man do to her, and it would not leave her mind.  She felt it would haunt her forever.  She longed for what she had been before; happy, friendly, worth something.  Now she was nothing; numb, vulnerable, weak.

She took a walk to clear her mind.  Everything had piled up, crowded in, made her feel entirely too small to overcome anything.  The feeling of violation made her sick to her stomach, and there were several times she could recall coming close to throwing up.  On most of the days since then she barely managed to slip out of bed.  She was lucky to have the motivation to get out of her apartment and walk aimlessly.

Eventually she came across the hair salon that she frequented, and barely made the conscious decision to enter, determining that blue was in fact a curse.  Red was what she wanted, red like fire.  Two hours later and her hair was finally done, and she felt powerful.  She could imagine everything improving, she could picture a better version of her, and she would crush the notion of her being worthless.  Her mistakes did not define her, and as she continued on down the street there was no returning to the darkness, and she moved toward being strong.  The cold embraced her heart; no one would ever be close enough to hurt her again.
Cassandra George
Cassandra George
Heroes
Heroes

Back to top Go down

Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper) Empty Re: Unwanted Coincidences (Jasper)

Post by Jasper Lionheart Sat May 16, 2015 12:24 pm

Jasper had been walking to central city from his Truck. He had been wanting to come cross with Cassie. He was extremely busy with School work. So he did not have time to come to Central City. Jasper wanted his chance with that woman. He was running late.. And he was running very fast. He was hoping he would catch her before she left. He longed for her. Hell he even dreamed about her. How flawless and perfect she was. He kept running.

I hope I am not running late. I would hate for her leave. I really wanted to see her. I drove very fast. Plus I exited the truck to run. excises were always fun. Right, I just hope it didn't cost me. Jasper thought. As he ran, he noticed someone with red hair. What, was that Cassie? He looked again and noticed it was her. He approached her and spoke."I'm deeply sorry. For running late. I was hoping to meet you at the shop. I wasn't aware that I was running this late. You changed your hair?" he asked her. Blue from Red? Jasper was a critical man with a mind."Something happen?" He questioned. He shrugged his shoulders.

Again he was rendered speechless with the incapability of thinking of words to say to her. "I'm sorry to say? But would you like to go for coffee? I'rd like to speak to you? I was gonna come over the shop. And you if you would like to go out some time." Jasper was handsome. But at this point, he had not known what to say and was completely saying things out.

He was a wreck right now. His eyes narrowing as he did this. He would then shake his head and simply sigh. What exactly drove him to such odd things." Sorry if this is Sudden, by the way how are you?" He was completely off his game at the moment. And this disappointed him. He did not know what was up with him today.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra George Sun May 17, 2015 2:19 am

Cassie hardly noticed anyone passing her by, not even the familiar face of Jasper.  She only stopped when he began to speak to her, but did not turn around.  As his words continued she sighed and eventually faced him, almost frustrated that she had to talk with anyone. "Things changed." It was the harsh truth, cold words that were uncharacteristic of the Cassie he knew, but she was different.  Now, she trusted Jasper even less, because all the members of his gender had hurt her; they left, violated her, wounded her, vanished without a trace.  She hated men and she hated love.

The flustered nature of his words was not appreciated, and she found it difficult to restrain herself from walking away. "You're trying to ask me out, aren't you." It was not a question as much as a confirmation.  She sighed, trying to explain, "See..." she gave up on trying to clarify the reason, "no." She found it was much easier to flat out refuse his offer, because she honestly had no desire to spend any time with the opposite sex.  She was blind to his value and ignored his features, because she no longer cared.

"I'm just great," she answered, voice dripping with dark sarcasm.  She just wanted to be left alone, maybe even forgotten, because then she would be able to heal, and that was all she desired.   The notion of having someone help was lost on her, and everyone became her enemy.  She sensed threats and hidden motives behind every person's eyes, making everyone a danger to her.
Cassandra George
Cassandra George
Heroes
Heroes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Sun May 17, 2015 9:03 am

Jasper looked at the woman. She seemed different way off. Like she wasn't herself. What exactly happened to her. His eyes narrowing as he examined. It was like she did not even recognize him. He eyed her as she said no."So, if you would like to discuss what happened to you. Because your acting awfully different then were a few days before. I would like to know why. Help you through it." he told her. Honestly he wanted to help her. He did not know why she was treating him like this.

His eyes narrowed even more."You lie so hard that you have to hide behind sarcasm without talking about it?" he questioned her slowly. He was very upset at the current moment. He would be out raged however for some reason he was calm."If you had given me the time in your life like you did at the shop. Maybe I can help you through whatever your dealing with. I am not your Enemy. Cassie." he told her. Honestly, His eyes relaxed along his eye brows and he nodded then shook his head.

"When I first met you. I found a strong independent woman, who allowed everything, to be amazing. She was amazing, tough, magnificent, Wonderful, and an amazing personality. And now.. your an ass to me for no reason. So If I don't get an explanation as to why? At lease talk to me. I understand I might be some stranger you just met in the shop. But this Stranger cares for you. If I didn't I wouldn't be going back for you." he told her honestly.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra George Sun May 17, 2015 9:57 am

Cassie found herself getting annoyed with Jasper; just because they had spoken once did not give him the right to attend to her every wound, especially when she did not want him to.  The irritation grew to anger, which led to fury; it bubbled and festered, until finally she released it. "Oh you wanna know why?  Just keep guessing and maybe you'll find it."
you think that you can help me?  Good luck with that, Mr. Fix-It, because you can't.  

"So maybe you aren't my enemy, maybe you just piss me off and creep me out, but that doesn't mean I don't hate you.  And give you time?  I wouldn't give you the time of day." She resorted to a typical saying to convey her dislike for him, making no effort to show any restrain.  She was angry and there was no stopping her, even if he were to physically do something because she was stronger than he was.

He kept on talking, and with his further efforts her anger was spurred on. "Okay look, you have no business trying to work your way into my life and I have no obligation to tell you anything.  Sometimes people just change; learn to accept them as they are, and leave me alone!" With that, she turned away from him, ready to continue down the street.  At that point there was nothing he could do to get her to see sense, and persistence would only make her more annoyed with him.
Cassandra George
Cassandra George
Heroes
Heroes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Sun May 17, 2015 10:16 am

Jasper glared at her. What the hell was wrong with her. His eyes looked at her and he shook his head. It's as she had gone completely mad. "Why can't I fix?" he asked her in a curious tone, has she been raped, has she cut herself, did someone hurt her, bruise her, etc. Were the things he was thinking of that were not easily fixable. Did her friend die or something. Serious, what the hell.

"You have no quarrel with me. No do I annoy you or piss you off. It doesn't take a genius to figure out something or someone wrong you. In fact I am here to help you. I care." he told through his entire speech he had a calm tone. He was not anger with her. His tone was calm.

"What your saying is out of spite for someone else. You don't mean what you say. I know this because I under human behavior." he added.

Once she left he followed her catching up to her."You know. People don't change just out of the blue. They simply don't change that quickly out of a couple days. It's illogical. So please explain to me what happened? In those days that caused an instant change in your life? It seems something radical happen. For you to distaste me and reject me so fast." He told her calmly.

It was so easy to read her. When she showed a different side of her in the shop. "You shouldn't shut people out of your life. People that care. Those people you need." He told her honestly."They are their for you when you need them the most." he finally said.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra George Tue May 19, 2015 6:14 am

As the time went on, the anger began to slip away, leaving only slight frustration, shame, and regret. "Because it's not something that can be fixed," she admitted, not wanting to talk about it.  It was a very personal issue, one she did not feel in any comfortable speaking about with someone she hardly knew, especially a male.  For a moment she refused to meet his gaze, eyes glancing at random objects on the street until she gained the courage to look him in the eye again. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get so angry."

She took in a deep breath, trying to figure out what else to say.  It wouldn't be right to just walk off without explaining as she had wanted to do, but she was not prepared to put everything on Jasper's shoulders, even if he was ready for it. "Okay, so maybe I need help, but I'm not ready yet.  Once I feel that I'm ready I'll talk to someone, just... it probably won't be you.

"I can promise you that within the next month or so I'll have confided in someone, but for now I don't think I can." She found that the truth was the hardest route to take, even when avoiding the problem, but she managed to get it out.  She felt ashamed for being so vulnerable yet closed off, and apologized again, "I'm sorry, it's... it just doesn't feel right."
Cassandra George
Cassandra George
Heroes
Heroes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Tue May 19, 2015 9:01 am

He looked at her. He's eyes never left her even when she looked away. He glaceed at her. So it was one of those things he thought about." You know Cassie. I might sound like a broken record. But you should really stop being so.. How do you say it closed in. The problem might not be fixable. But know this. Cassie, if you talk to someone about things. You will get the steam off those shoulders, you will feel better that there is someone with you willing to help you, Care for you, and listen with you. Hell they would be able to do something about it too.

She seemed to calm down. He smiled at her and looked direcently into her eyes."When you are ready to talk. I will be here to help you through it. I won't be so pestering you and pushy, if I didn't care now would I? Do you honest believe I do not care? Sure it's a bit outstretched a guy meets a female at store, guy is interested in her for the amazing person she is. Guy meets her on the street, and her entire personality changed within a three day process or coupe days. That, Cassie isn't normal at all. So whatever happened must have had a major in pact on you. Unless of course outside your work place you a ass." He nudged her arm teasly hoping she got the joke." Then again I would not know. And I am going based on observation. We are adults, Cassie. Gender isn't an issue. There's no such thing a a girl to girl talk. Why such a thing exists is beyond me. That is a theory that I will discuss later on. My main issue is that you are back to yourself. " he looked at her he noticed her eyes off him. As she tried to not look at him."You have nothing to be ashamed off." he told her. If he was a doctor he sure would like to be paid like one right about now.

He looked at her."What are you sorry for? Not to be rude or anything. I agree with you when you were angry. I would be too. However I would not shut the people out of someone life that care. It's embarrassing to say. Of course it is whatever it is. Because you think others would judge you. You know what I say to that Cassie. Screw them. Ignore what they think of you. If they ever found out." He pointed at her chest where her heart is. But didn't touch her."It matters whom you are. Inside." He told her. Jasper carried for Cassie very much. In fact Jasper carried for everyone.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassandra George Tue May 19, 2015 10:44 am

For the time being Cassie continued to listen to his words, trying to ignore how he kept saying the same thing.  She had already said that she would open up to someone eventually, but was he not satisfied with that knowledge? "I'll find someone, I just don't want to rush into anything if I'm not sure.  Wouldn't it be better to wait and connect with someone you truly feel safe with than to jump into something with a person you don't trust completely?  That's what I need to find, and it can't be rushed."

Cassie failed to get any kind of humor he was trying to convey, and decided to ignore his comments on gender, but could not help but disagree to some degree.  Sure, they were all people, but typically females had a slightly different way of thinking and going about things and living, at least in her opinion if not in reality.  Either way Jasper was still continuing to repeat the same thing, and it almost became annoying the more he spoke. "I think I need to make it clear that you definitely sound like a broken record, and I've got the idea; it isn't necessary to repeat it over and over.  I've got it, okay?"

She was thankful that he did not go so far as to touch her, because then she might have freaked out and done something she would regret later, such as break his arm.  His ending message was nice to hear, even if it only applicable to a small extent. "Thanks for your help and advice, but I just kinda want to go home now.  We'll probably run into each other again, though," she shrugged, "so until then, bye." With that said, she turned around again and continued on down the street, walking backwards for a moment to wave.
Cassandra George
Cassandra George
Heroes
Heroes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down