DC Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Switch Accounts

Staff Team

Admin Jules

Admin Em

Admin Lexa

Latest topics
» Blake Van Dross (WIP)
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 pm by Blake Van Dross

» Jesse al Ghul (WIP)
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm by Jesse al Ghul

» Site Rules
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm by Oliver Queen

» Site Plot
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:54 am by Oliver Queen

» Member Directory
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm by Oliver Queen

» Power Claims
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm by Oliver Queen

» Canon Claims
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm by Oliver Queen

» Oliver Queen
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm by Oliver Queen

» Application
Obscure Encounters (Augustine) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:21 am by Oliver Queen

Obscure Encounters (Augustine)

2 posters

Go down

Obscure Encounters (Augustine) Empty Obscure Encounters (Augustine)

Post by Euphemia Balas Fri May 22, 2015 12:13 pm

The night is still young, Euphemia insisted, there's time for more things to happen.  Her shift had ended for the night at Fluorescence, half an hour after the club closed, but she still had plenty of energy left, so she had decided to take a walk to the other side of Starling.  The only thing on her mind was her goal: meet someone new, maybe get something to drink.  A quaint, tiny cafe caught her eye, and as she neared it she was delighted to find that it was still open despite the odd time of night.  There was hardly anyone in there, but she decided to go in anyway; maybe she could talk with the night-shift employees if no one more interesting was present.

Entering the building, a small bell rang, bringing the focus of the person handling the register, a young man who looked to be in his early years of college.  Euphemia smiled as she ordered a surprise drink, depending on the man to pick something good.  Soon enough the beverage, a specialty of the cafe so she was told, was complete, and she paid for it before taking a seat at one of the red-colored booths by the window.

From there, she could just watch.  Starling turned into a different city, one filled with different people with different jobs and different lives, walking separate paths from those who lived in the light.  Euphemia had always loved nightlife, part of the reason she worked mostly during that time, because everything changed once the sun went down.  It was the time in which she could really focus on specific things; writing, thinking, reading, talking, ideas, values, passions, memories.  Everything was up for becoming the subject when she had moments of peace in the night, even when she talked with other people.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Obscure Encounters (Augustine) Empty Re: Obscure Encounters (Augustine)

Post by Augustine Wolfgang Fri May 22, 2015 12:43 pm

Augustine had been wondering the streets. In Baggy pants, a tight white shirt, boxers, shoes, socks, and a big puffy jacket, He carried a wallet with cash and an ID, Augustine had been traveling decide to make he's home in Starling City. Hadn't been recently came out of the hole. He felt really good about being let out of some Cell Block that contained him. It was almost embarrassing to say the least. Augustine had been doing very good in terms of finding work. Having done minor drug deals, selling, growing, and producing the weed seeds. Among other thing such as Cooking other drugs. It was really fun times to be quite honest.

He eyes lad eyes on a amazing Shop at night time and decided to go to it for some refreshments, Coffee wouldn't hurt. Perhaps someone like Augustine would meet a new friend along the way who truly knew. He simply shook he's head and placed he's right hand on the handle of the door before pulling it back to open it. He heard a ring, oh how annoying. Did all stores have this now? He questioned himself. Though the device for it he knew why it was for however he did not approve of it. As it gave the Staff access to who came in and out. Which made it kinda hard for others to pull some robbery without some sort of back up.

Moving towards the Register he would then Order a coffee. He need something to do. The place was half empty with only One Female. Great can this get any more awkward. So Augustine decided a different approach. Buying Coffee he would make he's way towards the Female's table, and speak."Mind if I join if the sit isn't taken?" he asked her calmly. He would be quite weird but not uncommon for two people sitting on different tables with only them being in same shop/Cafe. Still Augustine wanted a friend so why not make a friend.
Augustine Wolfgang
Augustine Wolfgang
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sat May 23, 2015 4:28 am

Euphemia's eyes glanced up as she heard the bell go off, and she watched the man who had entered for a moment, wondering what he was doing there.  There was no problem with it, of course, she was simply curious, though from his appearance she could deduce that he was simply wandering.  She had had a lot of practice in making accurate judgments of people, and even at first glance it was easy to guess.  The way he reacted to the ringing showed that he was apparently not used to it, which meant he most likely had never been to that particular cafe before.  From his clothing it was difficult to assume anything, but he was not a businessman; apart from that there was nothing definite.  In all actuality he looked to be a somewhat average man, rather nondescript, like the others who roamed around at night.  It was strange how that time brought strange yet normal people out.

She was absorbed in her own thoughts in the moments before she looked back out of the window, trying to find something interesting to watch.  The occasional person strolled by; a man, hunched over with a frown; a woman, her gaze jerking around at every shadow that seemed to move; another man, following the girl.  Euphemia felt disgusted, almost running out of the cafe to help, but she was relieved by the sight of yet another man who came from a different street and ran after the one with apparent bad intentions.

Eventually her attention returned to the others in the building, just as the man asked if he could sit with her. "Not at all, go ahead," she welcomed his company, but waited for him to speak again in case he had no intentions to start a conversation.  It would be awkward to initiate with someone who would rather be left alone, even though he was the one who asked to sit with her.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustine Wolfgang Sat May 23, 2015 7:19 am

Augustine been wondering on what he should do in terms of getting something legal in jobs. But he figured it wouldn't be worth it at all. Mostly because he had been doing illegal work for quite some time. It was good amount of cash that he got. So why do some form of legal job when he can do Drugs, Sell drugs, produce drugs, cook others drugs and sell them on the street for a handsome amount of money. Pssh, Legal jobs were for scrubs. He shook he's head and simply sighed. He took a sit next to her.

He needed a topic to discussion. He surely wasn't going to be all quiet in front of her. That would be very awkward seeing as he asked to join her. So what was it gonna be? Can't talk about the whether other then the night is a bit chilly. It seems far to good the clear sky. What would normal folks talk that were not gang banging, or selling drugs. He thought for a moment. Then he struck an idea. They were in some form of Cafe, Perhaps talking about something about that would break the ice that was being kept as it was quiet. But exactly what? Coffee was over used. Cookies were nice or donuts perhaps. So what will it be today? Augustine wondered towards himself calmly.

Augustine finally took a seat and spoke."So Cookies or Donuts? Which would you pick?" he asked her Curious." I myself prefer a Chocolate Chip Cookie and, yourself?" he asked her. He is a random topic surely. But it would be enough to break some form of ice between them. In terms of small talk or conversation. He took a sip of he's coffee."Interesting, this isn't a bad coffee. I must visit here more often." He told her. He really shouldn't. He would most likely never come to this place again. It seemed to dull at night, and half empty. Not something that he would call an entertainment or some form of enjoyment.
Augustine Wolfgang
Augustine Wolfgang
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sat May 23, 2015 11:39 am

Euphemia began to wonder if the most exciting thing that would happen the rest of the night was a random conversation with a stranger, but she supposed that it could turn out to be interesting if the man played his cards right.  There was still a certain degree of instinctive suspicion, as she had no idea who he actually was, though he most likely felt the same way.  No doubt the exchange would be odd, and for all she could tell the man was potentially drunk, not that it would be a problem if he behaved himself.

His words were random, fairly unexpected. "Cookies or donuts..." she said slowly, considering the question and whether to take it seriously or not.  The choice was seemingly simple, but she wondered if she should mention other desserts as well, consider neither of them were in fact her favorite. "I think," she cast a thoughtful gaze around the room, "that I prefer peanut butter cookies, though if we're discussing desserts in general I enjoy Poire belle Hélène; it's French, quite good, too." Through all of her travels she had loved the French cuisine, having last been there right after that specific dish had been created.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustine Wolfgang Sat May 23, 2015 3:50 pm

Augustine looked at her. So what will her choice be. Cookies or Donuts. The choices were endless their were so many different types of cookies and donuts different flavors and such. He sipped on his coffee. And waited for an answer. When she answered he did not expect the answer he was hoping for. The Peanut Butter cookies. Sure he expected that. The other part he did not. French? Was she not from Starling City. He wondered to himself. Or did she simply travel a lot.

He did not know. He simply did not."Well, that question was answered I am so glad. Next question if you do not mind me asking. Are you from around here or do you travel a lot. I don't think we get those kinds of foods. Not that I am aware. Then again I having been around the world that much, nor traveled that much. The City is large, but I don't go looking for things to find and try out." He said calmly.

"I normally. Sit back at home. Relax and water the plants. Fun stuff, watch Television. Only go outside when I need something done or it's important. So that's basically me? What about yourself?" He asked. He had to admit, he was gonna be here a long time. if they started talking. He kinda wished he just went back to his flat. He had Ophelia On his mind right now. That Augustine did. Listening to her talk about Spider Venom. Was interesting.
Augustine Wolfgang
Augustine Wolfgang
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sun May 24, 2015 3:18 am

Euphemia took a small sip of her own coffee after completing her answer, ready for the next topic of discussion.  She did enjoy aimless talking from time to time, especially when she had nothing better to do.  Trivial things were sometimes fun.  But she could not help but wonder if he--she did not even know his name--was enjoying the conversation as well.  She supposed it would be alright if he excused himself and politely left, though she would have to find something new to do.  Perhaps she could strike up a conversation with the employees?  Even with that choice she did not want to simply end the exchange on the assumption that the man had no desire to continue it, so she decided to wait.  If he was desperate to leave then he was welcome to.

His inquiry was on a topic Euphemia would need to avoid the truth on, but at least she could base her answer on reality.  Compared to him, she had been everywhere, throughout the earth and time, though she wondered what his occupation was.  Did he have an honest job?  If not, what was he up to?  If he did, what on earth was he doing out at night?  If Euphemia had a job with office hours then she would not be out so late at night, but that was not the case.  Her internal questions only made her more curious, until he returned to asking her. "I'm actually from Greece, but I've been in Starling for about a year;" that much was the truth, and she would avoid specifics on time, "traveling is basically my life.  France was two or three years ago." Centuries, she reminded herself, having smudged her true past.  She would have to leave out a lot of her travels, unless she claimed that her parents took her on those trips, which would also explain her love for it.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustine Wolfgang Sun May 24, 2015 8:14 am

Augustine shook he's head. Man he wished he could be talking to Ophelia. Right about now. Sadly he was talking to some stranger. That really did not interest him. However he didn't want to be rude and simply leave. So he decided to stay just for a bit. He sighed. Ophelia, held so many interesting topics and conservations however, she was a genius. In Augustine book, haven grown on him so much. He shook the thought off himself as he would then simply sigh.

He looked at the woman and was about to speak till he looked at the table and sipped on his Coffee."You're are from Greece? That is very interesting. I've never met anyone from Greece to be honest. You've traveled as well? France must be nice? Is nice their? How is that tower place their? Does it have a nice view? Have you ever been there?" He asked her. Now this conversation turned into an interesting one. Someone from Greece that was very interesting. That should Separate Starling City from a lot of typical Americas.

"I bet traveling is fun? You get to meet a lot of new people and experience new cultures and history? That's great isn't it? How, Is Greece exactly? Is it lovely?" Augustine asked her.

Shaking his head slowly."Do you know a lot of Languages?" he asked her in a curious manner. Surely someone who's traveled from Greece to France, to Starling knew a few languages up her sleeve? Why wouldn't she? Still he wondered if he should resume the current conservation with her. To further develop it into something even more interesting perhaps? Augustine wasn't entirely sure at the moment. Shaking his head would then simply. Sigh, he sipped on his coffee and patiently he would wait for this Greece woman answer his questions. Hopefully she would answer all of them fully.
Augustine Wolfgang
Augustine Wolfgang
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sun May 24, 2015 9:39 am

Euphemia was a bit overwhelmed by his sudden burst of questions, but she took them gradually. "France is very quaint, kind of cozy but it still feels like an adventure." The tower had been made after she had just returned to America, so she had not yet had the chance to visit it. "Personally I haven't actually seen the Eiffel Tower, but I've heard from a lot of people that the view is absolutely stunning, especially at night." She could just picture it, having seen photographs that partially captured the sight.

"Traveling is," she thought for a moment, "almost a necessity. Why would the rest of the world be here if not to explore it? Just because a place has already been settled by other people doesn't mean it's not worth seeing. At least, that's my view." She knew no person who was still living who was from Greece, or even the Mediterranean region, so of course a Greek in Starling would be uncommon. "Well, I haven't been there in a little while, but it's nice. They have wonderful food, a beautiful language, so much history; I'm a bit biased though." She almost discredited herself, since she was from there so her opinion of it was skewed. Also she had not been there in a number of centuries, meaning she was recalling a different culture than what it was now.

"I know a few, yeah. I'm not really fluent in all of them except for English and Greek, but I can get around." She was majorly downplaying her knowledge, but her appearance was that of a young adult, meaning if she were a normal human then she would not be capable of learning as many languages as she did know. Sadly she could not admit the truth, especially to a stranger.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustine Wolfgang Sun May 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Augustine looked at her. Gosh he has never met anyone from Greece. This was certainly a very good treat. He wanted to learn more about this Greek person now. In fact he was growing interested. Maybe he could gain a friend out of this after all. Maybe this wasn't going to be dull and boring. So why not give it a shot and befriend her. Or attempt to be nice. It's not like he was going to see her after all? The Next day or the following week? Might as well be enlightened and listen to the wonderful stories she had of France. "It's Cozy? That's really amazing. I must travel to France one day, with someone." He said. Ophelia would be thrilled to go to France with him. Or so, Augustine hoped. He wasn't exactly sure if Ophelia, would be thrilled or not.

"Eiffel Tower. You haven't been there yet? Damnit. I wanted to know if you have." he told her. he was disappointed surely if you've been to France. You see such and amazing sight. But he could not make such an assumption. "So those who have seen it. It is an amazing sight huh? I must go there some time." he told her. In a eager voice.

"I guess it is." Augustine frowned slightly. He could not argue with that. Traveling was a very good thing to do." he shook his head and sighed. If Only he could travel more. that would be amazing. "I love food so I guess I must try it. I must learn the Language as well. That must I would be able to talk more to the Greek and France People without any form of Difficulty right?" he questioned calmly.

"I'd love to learn the rich history as well." He nodded her way. History was important. It was very important for certain things. So was knowledge. "So Are you a traveling, Teacher of sort?" he questioned her occupation.
Augustine Wolfgang
Augustine Wolfgang
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Mon May 25, 2015 11:44 am

Euphemia could see the man getting more interested, in fact it was fairly obvious, and she supposed that it was a good sign.  It meant that she was entertaining and that the conversation would be enjoyable, plus he probably had no place he would rather be at the time, at least, not anymore.  She knew that he was starting to legitimately enjoy the obscure exchanged, possibly more than she was.  It was slightly uncomfortable talking about her life with a stranger, but it was also nice.  They had no predispositions, and for all he knew she was making everything up, but it didn't matter because they were probably never going to meet again.  For a single encounter they could be whoever they wanted.

"Well it does depend on where you stay, since every place holds a new experience and view of the country, but when I visited France I lived out in the countryside, away from Paris aside from the occasional trip to the city.  While Paris is nice, I prefer journeying off the beaten path, but to each their own, right?" The philosophy was a common one, mostly to avoid conflict.  He was allowed to believe and prefer whatever he wanted to, just as she was.

"Every part of the country itself is beautiful, be it the silence of the fields at night, or the bustle of the city at day." Euphemia enlisted the help of a bit of poetic descriptions, certain that she was capable of persuading the man to visit France, especially if he had someone to take.  She had been on her own in the country for quite a while; five years in Paris, ten years in the countryside, back to another city, repeating the cycle until she left for Spain. "Ah yes, learning the language is important, but so is learning customs and cultural things.  It wouldn't be good to around doing something that's actually insulting to people."

Euphemia wondered if he was going to ask her about Greece or France's history. "Teacher?  No, hardly.  At the moment I'm currently a bartender at Fluorescence." She had the equivalent knowledge of a teacher, though it was becoming a bit harder to keep up with modern times because of the sheer amount of information.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustine Wolfgang Tue May 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Augustine had a thought in his head. He should ask her about France an Greece History. Perhaps he could learn a few things or so. He wanted to learn a lot about such amazing objects to be quite honest it was such an exquisite nature. Greece was so rich of history. So Was France god he wanted to know more about it. Everything about it would be nice to know right about now. So why not ask while he still had the chance to ask her. While the source of information was right in front of him. He looked at her and smiled."Where would you recommend I stay if you do not mind me asking?" He asked her in a curious fashion. "Country side or The city side? Or is there any other recommendation would you like to offer to me?" he asked her calmly.

This was good he was making conversation. He was going a good thing. Augustine was very interested into hearing what she had to say. He was very pleasured. He nodded her way and smiled as he did this he shook his head from side to side. THis was perhaps the most interesting turn of events that had transpired thus far."So is there anything you can tell me about the history of Greece and France. Something that would blow my mind away that I wouldn't know or anyone else would?" he asked simply.

"I see so learning the language is important and so are the customs. Interesting, That very interesting indeed. Can you tell me more of the French and Greek Culture and customs? I would like to learn if you don't mind sharing with me. "he said. He was very excited to hear such news and learn more. "You are not a teacher? No way? But you hold such knowledge." He praised her almost child like and slightly in a joking fashion.

"A Greek Bartender are we?" He questioned. Shaking his head"Well you do not see that every day. Now do we?" he sighed simply. It was true he didn't see many Greek Bartenders which was certainly a big plus. However it was great seeing more faces of foreigners then the typical Americas. Taken different jobs in this country. It was such an amazing sight to see to be quite honest. Shaking his head he sighed." You are an interesting person." Augustine had stated, as he sipped on his coffee.
Augustine Wolfgang
Augustine Wolfgang
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sun May 31, 2015 9:31 am

Euphemia smiled at his questions, wondering if he would actually go or if he was simply thinking hypothetically.  Either way she would answer properly. "I think that it really depends on your personal preference, and that of anyone who's going with you.  If you want to relax, try the countryside, and if you want to do tours and visit landmarks, try the city." That was honestly all there was to the choice: whichever one a person preferred. "In either place it's a great experience."

She nodded along with his next question, thinking that it would only be right to talk about her home country, perhaps something around her time of birth. "Something that would blow your mind... Well, I'm not sure about that, but in 430 BC there was the Plague of Athens, during the beginning of the Peloponnesian War.  No one really knew what cause it back then, of course, but more than thirty thousand people died.  It completely devastated the country, and a lot of the Mediterranean as well." She paused, "But you probably don't want to hear about death and disease." The topic was one that she had very little memory of, as she had only been a young child at the time, but it was still interesting.

It was a difficult topic to begin talking about, cultural customs, seeing as there were so many aspects of it.  There were traditions, things to avoid doing or saying, how to talk to people, how to treat different kinds of people.  Euphemia found it hard to find a starting place, but before she could think about it anymore her phone started ringing.  She quickly pulled it out of her bag, recognizing the caller immediately. "Crap, sorry, it's my boss." She apologized for the interruption, proceeding to answer the phone and converse with her superior.

"Hello... yes, I did wipe down the counters... no, I don't have any plans tomorrow... ah, alright, I can do that.  I'll be there, don't worry... okay, bye." As the conversation ended Euphemia turned back to him and gave an explanation, beginning to gather her things and stand up. "Well, apparently I have to come in earlier tomorrow, so I should probably get some amount of rest.  It was great talking with you, maybe we'll run into each other again?" She made it obvious that she had enjoyed the exchange, even though the only thing they had really talked about with her.  Perhaps if they met again she would ask about him.  Once he replied she would leave, head back toward her apartment, and take a short shower before sleeping.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Augustine Wolfgang Sun May 31, 2015 10:10 am

Augustine looked at Euphemia and gave her a small smile. He was enjoying the conversation right about now. He was glad that he got to talk more about France and Greece. It was fun to learn about to be honest. So it depended on the person then did it now? He supposes she was right."Perhaps, you're right. I would enjoy the city side for the land marks. But I would also want to see the country side? So maybe both then?" He suggested. Augustine would like to see both the country side and the city side of France. He assumed they both have fabulous views. Shaking his head slowly as he did. He had a habit of shaking his head it seemed.

"There was a plague? Oh no, I am sorry for the people's lost. It was unfortunate that it happened in 430. I guess some unexplainable things end up happening? But hopefully history won't repeat itself?" He added. her Phone then rang. Damnit, they were interrupted by the phone. He sighed and waited for her to finish with her speech with the boss. He needed something talk about. Something that will make this conversation even more interesting. Sadly enough he got nothing. However, Augustine was very good at having conservations. It seemed this time around he was slightly stumped.

Once she had ended the call he was going ask a random topic or start one, That was completely irreverent to what they were talking about. It was apples simply. Who didn't like apples right? However she had gathered her things and got up. It seemed she had to leave. What a shame. Luckily enough he did not talk about any form of apple topics. "I'm Augustine by the way. I've enjoyed our conservation. Perhaps we can meet again some time." he told her as he nodded her way.
Augustine Wolfgang
Augustine Wolfgang
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down