DC Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Switch Accounts

Staff Team

Admin Jules

Admin Em

Admin Lexa

Latest topics
» Blake Van Dross (WIP)
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 pm by Blake Van Dross

» Jesse al Ghul (WIP)
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm by Jesse al Ghul

» Site Rules
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm by Oliver Queen

» Site Plot
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:54 am by Oliver Queen

» Member Directory
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm by Oliver Queen

» Power Claims
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm by Oliver Queen

» Canon Claims
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm by Oliver Queen

» Oliver Queen
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm by Oliver Queen

» Application
Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:21 am by Oliver Queen

Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia)

2 posters

Go down

Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) Empty Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia)

Post by Lucas Blackwell Thu May 21, 2015 5:25 pm

It was night time dark and gloomy. Lucas Blackwell was wearing he's usual all black Attire. Wallet with some Cash, ID, Driver's License, he's weapon, and he's badge. He had walked to worked. Because he decided it would be great. So he had to walk back to he's house on foot. He was annoyed with a lot of people. Mostly work and all to be quite honest. Work was always terrible and buggy. Almost hydrous to be quite honest. But it was work, it paid the bills, gave him food in he's system, water, the ability to pay for rent. To honest as much as the job was horrible. He enjoyed it very much.

He's eyes drifted from side to side, it was a long walk and it certainly was a quite night. He had wished he had he's cell phone with him. He had mistakenly forgot it. It was very odd of him to forget such a thing.

He had heard a sound. He was off duty. But guess duty never stopped being off. Since crime was their. So Lucas jogged to it. He eyes drifted as he looked at two men trying to mug a woman. He shook he's he's head, Coming behind one guy's he gripped he's right shoulder and pulled it back, as he did he extended he's left foot and extended a very strong kick at he's lower curve on he's right foot. Knocking him doing, The other man extended he's hand that held at knife, and directed it at Lucas gut, at once Lucas made both fists and slammed he's fist at the arm causing the man to squirm, whale, and drop the knife along with running away after wards, along with the downed man.

He wasn't worried about those two."Are you alright miss?" he asked her.
Lucas Blackwell
Lucas Blackwell
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia) Empty Re: Crime Stopping Action(Ophelia)

Post by Ophelia Smith Sat May 23, 2015 6:10 am

Ophelia should have known better than to have been out this late at night by herself, the unfortunate circumstance had come about because she had been unable to finish the work that she needed doing at home like she thought that she would and so she had to relocate to the library in her University. It had taken her some time to finish the paper she needed to write and as such she was coming home in the dark, alone, with some valuable equipment with her in the form of her laptop.

In her mind she knew this would make her a good person to attack and try and steal from but she had hoped she would have been able to pass without notice throughout the city. She had managed to, without really noticing herself, turn invisible so that she was actually passing unnoticed by many people until she had unfortunately bumped into someone while passing them which had negated the effects and left her visible again.

Left her open to attack.

It was only about five minutes away from her flat that the muggers had stuck and Ophelia was left trying to physically put into action the information that she knew about pressure points and various other weaknesses in the body. Without the training she wasn't fairing well against the two men, especially when one withdrew a knife.

Fortunately for her another person intervened and dispatched the two men without much hassle on his part. Straightening her backpack on her shoulder's Ophelia took a moment to regain her breath before speaking to the man who had taken out the muggers on her behalf. She owed him a debt, a quite significant one too, so a thanks was the least that she could muster.

"Thank you, for stepping in to help me." she spoke, quietly "I am quite alright, nothing too significant to note in terms of damage. Are you alright yourself?"
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Blackwell Sat May 23, 2015 8:16 am

Lucas looked around they were gone from view. This was very very good. This meant that could make sure the woman was okay. Lucas looked at her shaking he's head as he did. She really did not have to thank him at all. He was doing it out of the kindness of he's heart. Not only that it was he's job to serve the law. "Just doing my job. No need to thank me. If I wasn't part of the Police. I would have still helped you and took the law into my own hands. It would be a shame if you would have gotten injured." He told her honestly. It was true it would be a shamed and unfortunate for anyone to get injured, wounded badly, or mugged.

"I should walk you home if you do not mind. I would hate if they would come back and want pay back. And try anything." He told her. He's voice cold and sharp. Even though Lucas tried to be helpful and kind. He's voice was cold and sharp. Lucas had a hard time trusting people. Even this woman could be something else. However, he decided to give her the beneficent of the doubt seeing as she was attacked and couldn't ward off her defenders.

"People get mugged a lot at night. You best no walk alone at night. If you don't mind me suggesting. The streets are cold, ruthless, tough, and hard. Even on the men that tried to mug you. They have families, or they do it for the wrong reasons. However what they did were wrong. But you can't stop every mugger that has a mask on can you?" he asked her. "I guess I should say, you're welcome?" he questioned."It's not a problem. But you really shouldn't thank me." Lucas did not want to sound like a dick and not get a thank you. Lucas heard a lot of those thank yous in he's life. He just wasn't used to them. "I'm fine don't worry about me." he told her honestly. He was fine.
Lucas Blackwell
Lucas Blackwell
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Sat May 23, 2015 10:23 am

Ophelia relaxed slightly when she heard that this man was part of the police and although he might have been off duty at this time at least he was used to stepping in and dealing with this kind of situation. If a completely untrained person had volunteered to step in and help her out and then gotten hurt because of aiding her then Ophelia would have felt guilty for her part in them becoming hurt.

It had been a kind action, one that she was grateful for as it meant that not only was she safe but her laptop remained with her. That had held on it all of her information for University as well as her banking details and everything like that. If she had lost that then she really would have been stuck with nothing to salvage the situation.

"I appreciate the offer, thank you, my accommodation is not far away so it will not be too out of your way to drop me off at the front door. It is one of the blocks of flats that you see in the distance." she stated, pointing to the grey block of apartments in the distance.

Shrugging her shoulders, Ophelia thought it best not to answer that question as he might not appreciate what she wanted to say as her answer. Theoretically it was perfectly possible to stop every mugger in a mask, as the world was right now? Less possible given that there weren't a lot of people wanting to join in the Police in stopping these people when they could gain from their crimes too.

"As things stand now it is quite improbable that you would be able to catch everyone who wanted to commit a crime in the city, perhaps in the future though it will not be this way." she replied simply as she walked alongside the man towards her block of flats, keeping a steady pace as she went.

Glad that he wasn't hurt, Ophelia merely nodded her head to the statement but said nothing more about it.
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Blackwell Sat May 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Lucas looked at her and shrugged he's shoulders. All these thank yous? For saving someone from a mugger. He understood it. He just didn't understand this. It's not like he brought her back from the dead. It's not like he had just saved her from getting her finger cut off? Well that could have happened. However Lucas prevented any form of mugging to happen at the current time. He looked at her and simply Shrugged. What was gonna be a peaceful walk turned into an Unfortunate baby sitting someone to her house. Lovely day just to get off work. Honestly he could have other things to do in he's spare time. He could have been at Oliver's. "Yep, you're welcome." He repeated himself. Not that she needed to say thank you. It wasn't that he wasn't happy to hear a thank you. He just heard it way to many times. He wasn't sure if they we grateful or selfish. In her case he presumed she was Grateful. Because she didn't seem like the type to be selfish. Then again he didn't know her. So he couldn't make that judgement.

As he paced himself as they walked along side each other. He decided is was in his best interest. To not have any form of awkward or boring silence happen. With the breaking of the silence with Small talk. "You normally walk alone at night by yourself?" he asked her. That would be a good start. To ask, if that was the case he might have come out every night to prevent people from being mugged. Because that was just simply sad. It was really annoying how people decided they had some form of power to try and mug certain people because they were poor. Without any form of consequences.

He shook he's head as he walked. This was getting annoying. This was not how intended to spend his night. Then again if he left her right now. He wouldn't be much different then those scum bags that tried to mug her. Morals, were destructive objects and how people viewed you by them and judged you.
Lucas Blackwell
Lucas Blackwell
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Sun May 24, 2015 3:42 pm

Ophelia frowned slightly at the man and hoped that the walk would pass faster than it was if he was going to be so seemingly rude about her showing good manners. Thanking him for agreeing to drop her at her apartment was just polite and if she didn't do such a simple thing then what kind of person would she be after he had gone through the trouble of helping her and she couldn't even afford a few kind words? Perhaps it would have been best if he'd just walked away after dealing with the men.

At least then she wouldn't be getting steadily more frustrated about the complete lack of manners that the man seemed to have himself. He said that she was welcome but his tone seemed to suggest that he didn't mean it at all and that he was in fact annoyed that she had done what she had been raised to do, as a positive member of society, and used her manners like she was supposed to.

"No." she answered swiftly, to his question about whether she walked home a lot in the night time "I am not an idiot and know not to make a habit out of something like this which is actually dangerous with the amount of crime that is circulating around Starling City, this was a one time occasion because of circumstances outside of my control."

From her experience it seemed to have as much crime as Gotham, and that was saying something. Gotham was often thought of as the worst city to live in but, Ophelia didn't think that was the case - she went there to look at the University but didn't run into things like this at all. It was sad what had become of it.

As she thought she rounded the corner and the entrance to her block of flats appeared, at least this man - who seemed to want to do other things - could get on with the rest of his night now that he had dropped her off like he had promised. Ophelia stood by the door and fished out her keys, pressing the fob to the scanner so that the door opened with a beep. She pushed it slightly so it would stay open and she wouldn't need to scan her fob again as she bid the man goodbye;

"Have a pleasant evening." she stated "I shall be fine from here on out."
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down