DC Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Switch Accounts

Staff Team

Admin Jules

Admin Em

Admin Lexa

Latest topics
» Blake Van Dross (WIP)
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 pm by Blake Van Dross

» Jesse al Ghul (WIP)
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm by Jesse al Ghul

» Site Rules
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm by Oliver Queen

» Site Plot
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:54 am by Oliver Queen

» Member Directory
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm by Oliver Queen

» Power Claims
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm by Oliver Queen

» Canon Claims
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm by Oliver Queen

» Oliver Queen
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm by Oliver Queen

» Application
Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:21 am by Oliver Queen

Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -

2 posters

Go down

Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  Empty Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -

Post by Ophelia Smith Mon May 18, 2015 9:06 am

Ophelia didn't want to even be out here shopping when she could have been back in her flat doing lots more interesting things than having to navigate her way through lots of people trying to shop themselves. She would have simply bought the things that she needed online but it was a textbook that she required for class on Monday, beginning at 9am sharp in the Rendall Building of the university. Sometimes she was so busy doing other things that she forgot future events that she needed to prepare for.

There was a lot of information going around in her mind and yesterday, when she should have been ordering her books, she was already leafing through the other course textbook on anatomy for the second time. Ophelia had wanted to ensure that she had all the information correctly in her mind before attending the class. If she didn't then it would be sure to embarrass her in front of everyone else there, causing her to leave the class in disgrace.

People as she entered the bookshop did not turn to look at her, which she loved, Ophelia wanted to pass through this experience with as little interaction as possible. Even the thought of having to talk to the cashier made her heart pound and her stomach do flip flops. They didn't have one of those automated tills she could use here, and in most of the shops she frequented she used them instead of having to interact with someone else.

Silently she made her way through the different sections until she came to the science area and Ophelia recalled the title, author, edition and editor of the book that she required in order to begin her search. Methodically she checked up and down the shelves until she reached the correct section of the unit, Ophelia smiled lightly when she picked up the book she had been looking for. Deciding to give it a quick check to ensure that the contents was as she expected, Ophelia flipped open the first few pages and scanned the contents page.

Everything appeared to be in order.

Placing the book under her arm she came to stand in the queue to pay, there was quite a sizable one and that immediately set her nerves on edge. Whenever she stood in a queue it was guaranteed that someone would approach her and talk to her, she didn't know why, perhaps she simply had one of those faces. Anxiously she clutched her book in both hands in front of her and hoped that the cashier would hurry up.
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  Empty Re: Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -

Post by Jasper Lionheart Mon May 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Jasper had finished his stuff at the Castle and made his way to buy a book. And to give it to someone that needed it perhaps a hopeless person or some sort. So he decided to visit the local book store, why the hell not right? He questioned. Plenty of people. People of stuff to do, plenty of books. What exactly could go horribly wrong right? He shook his head calmly as he did this. This was going to be great. He was doing a good thing in life. It was just amazing. Being normal like this. It was simply great.

Once he had arrived made his way towards the the book store and entered it. Going through the aisles he would examine book from book. He noticed a collection of a series. The Inheritance and Harry Potter, Along with Twilight, and other books a lot better. He decided to just grab the seven book collection. And make his way towards the waiting line or whatever it was called. Once arriving his eyes met a females that was close to his. FRIENDS! Was the first thing he thought in his kind Mind.

He gave her a warm smile. Nodded, shaking his head calmly."Wanna be FRIENDS! Sorry for this being random and all. I just like meeting new people. And to be honest with you. If I was somewhere else in another waiting line. I would be talking to any of these people." He chuckled as he said this. He chuckled at the amazing feeling he had felt to talking to new people. He's voice remained soft and calm. It was so perfect almost flawless. Well he thought it was flawless, but Jasper didn't really have any form of ego.

Jasper smiled."Sorry, I should have introduced myself. I am Jasper Lionheart." He nodded."And I am buying this book collection and given it to a homeless person for him to read, and money, and something for clothing and a blanket to keep him warm." he gave her a warm cheesy smile. "People call me Jasper, you are?" he asked, taken hold of his books with his left hand as he held it, and extended his right hand in hopes she would sake it.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -  Empty Re: Awkward Conversation - Jasper and Ophelia -

Post by Ophelia Smith Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Ophelia gulped quietly when she saw someone coming to stand alongside her in the line. She had been hoping that other people would be deterred by the length of the queue and try their luck at an alternate till point but apparently the world wasn't being that kind to her today. All she could wish for is that they weren't the talkative type, like herself. Then the two of them could get through this time in the queue slightly awkwardly, but never having to converse with each other.

It turned out that was not to be either, but the warm smile did enough to put her nerves at ease for the time being, enough so that Ophelia could smile back - even if it was a little bit nervously. Despite her knowledge of how she should talk to people in order to get the maximum pleasure out of a conversation she never saw the point. It wasn't 'her' talking if she did that, just some random facts and figures that she had learnt.

More than a little shocked at the bizarre offer of friendship, Ophelia tucked a strand of her wild hair behind her ear and clutched at the book in front of her desperately. Almost as if it were a life line in this conversation, something to keep her hands busy while she worked out her anxieties enough to say something. She couldn't simply ignore the offer of friendship that he had extended to her, no matter how strange it might be.

"That's very nice of you, Jasper." she replied quietly, with a small nod in his direction when he spoke of giving the books to the homeless "I believe they will enjoy the gifts that you intend to give to them, very philanthropic of you."

She shyly took his hand and shook it lightly, thinking she had better introduce herself for politeness sake seeing as Jasper had done so. Still a little stumped on how to reply to his offer of friendship, Ophelia instead hoped that this diversion in conversation would leave his question quite forgotten for the time being.

"I'm O-ophelia. Ophelia Smith, but ah, you can call me whatever you wish." she stated, nervously casting her gaze away from Jasper to her feet.
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Mon May 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Jasper gave her a cheesy smile. And chuckled. Oh great he might as well gained a new friend without anyone thinking he was ridiculously crazy for making such an offer. This was good this was progress he was making a big progress and he was happy for it. His eye narrowing as he did this and would then look at her movements. As he would shake hand and notice her he slightly the quiet type. He pulled his hand back quickly. To prevent any form of discomfit for her or uncomfortableness.

He smiled and nodded."Yes they would be mighty grateful of such gifts. Like I they always are. I normally do this one or twice a week while I give into the other charities. It's fun way to help people. Sadly father doesn't approve. Because he's a selfish bastard. That's how greedy he is. All that money and won't give to the poor and those who need it the most. What low level dickish move" He informed. As he looked at her.

"Pleasure to meet you. Say. Do you wanna be friends! I need more friends! What do you say friends?" He asked her. With a curious tone. Again he was being to forward. He was however in it for the friendship. That was what he expected out a lot of these encounters. unfortunately for him. Not a lot of people like people who are overly nice or kind. They thought Jasper wanted something. In truth he did want something. It was called friendship.

Shaking his head slowly he would sigh. "Ophelia? Would you like I buy those books for you. And grab coffee? If we are to be friends? Perhaps we should get to know each other. Seeing as people don't enjoy when someone is to nice to a person. I Want nothing from you but to have a friend." He told her offering another warm smile.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Mon May 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Ophelia was a little surprised that the man would swear in front of her, someone that he barely knew and about his parent as well. No matter how difficult parents might be it still wasn't good practice to swear about them to complete strangers. The giving of money to charity was often a point of contention with people who had money - many believed that they had worked hard for that money and so deserved to keep all of it. Others like Jasper wanted to give to others to help them. Either view point had its benefits and supporters.

Given that she didn't have a great deal of money, Ophelia didn't think herself qualified to have an opinion on the matter.

"I think that people are entitled to spend their own money in the ways that they see fit." she replied quietly "We might not often agree with those things they choose to spend it on but it doesn't make them any less right to do so. If I had any great sum of money, I would be able to give a more comprehensive opinion but, unfortunately I do not."

Again with the question of friendship? Ophelia had no idea how to reply to something like this and she simply hoped that Jasper would have forgotten about whatever was going on in his mind when he was asking her to be friends with him. Did she look like the type of person who would make an adequate friend. She was often blunt and preferred the company of books to anything else.

"I uhm, am unsure. I do not have a great many friends, and do not feel as if I would be able to be a good one to you given my interests." she answered honestly, her gaze still fixed at the book in her hands to avoid having to make eye contact while she spoke.

The offer to buy her books for her made her look up though, a startled and quite frankly irritated expression on her face. Just what was his meaning behind asking to pay for the books? Should she believe that he would pay for this expensive text book out of nothing but the kindness of his heart? Jasper seemed like the type but, Ophelia was not the type of woman to accept charity. She didn't need it. She didn't want to be in the same league as the homeless person he was buying books for.

She wasn't homeless and she could afford this.

"No, thank you. I can buy my own books, I can afford them perfectly well within my budget for the month." she stated flat out as she moved up in the queue, closer to the tills and closer to being served "I...would not mind going for a coffee with you, though, if you were free and had the time."

Ophelia wasn't really well versed in social interaction but, Jasper seemed confident enough to make up for her lack of social skills and keep the conversation going when she inevitably made it go into lulls.
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Mon May 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Jasper looked at her and smiled. His smile big wide and friendly. He was gonna make lovely friends with her. Hopefully. They were gonna do things together, this was gonna be a total fun. This was gonna be great. They were gonna be besties for life. He shook his head as he sighed simply. He had no idea what to do. As he heard her speak. She had quite the opinion on the matter of money and such things. Though she was wrong. When people had money human behavior took over, and they spent it more then a person having sex each year. However all he did was smile and did not say anything on the matter for the current moment. He just remained silent and tried to recollect he's thoughts into a more best epic response to her.

His eye narrowed as he made oddly movements with them. Friendship was all Jasper needed to get through his day of amazing super hyper self. He would be best friends with the entire universe forever alone! He looked at her and shook he's head."Trust me the two of us are gonna be the best friends for life!" he chuckled as he joked. He then looked at her. Oh no he did something wrong. Did he upset her. He followed as he had to pay for he's own books."Forgive, me. I know how you spell. Actually I do not. But I promise you I had no intention in upsetting you." He told her honestly. He could tell easily just how upset she was or more like offended by he's comment for him to pay for the books. He needed to do something to capitalize.

He smiled At he and nodded."Coffee would be nice. When are you free, I'll make my Schedule free. Hopefully I won't have study of any kind. With home work and all that Jazz. Rich people do have to have a brain also. I want to make things.. What these things are I am currently uncertain for some odd reason." He told her slowly. Robotics was he's things for the better future and new tomorrow. Though they hazes and deadly. Even Organic Beings. But he was thinking for to wide.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Tue May 19, 2015 6:01 am

Ophelia didn't have much experience with friendship and the like, she didn't normally enjoy interaction with other people and it was only because Jasper was so upfront and pleasant that she was considering it in this case. Eventually she supposed she would run out of things to do on her own and she would need human interaction to help fill up her hours. So logically she shouldn't ignore the opportunity to make a friend when it presented itself.

Normally she wasn't one to be approached, she wasn't very outwardly pretty unless she chose to put some effort into her appearance which she didn't see the point in when she was simply going shopping for books. Ophelia had a simple outfit of skinny jeans and a white strap t-shirt, the other girls around here seemed far too dressed up for a simple shopping trip, to her that is.

"Perhaps we will be, only time and extended interaction will tell if we will get on well enough to form an acquaintance or any type of friendship." she responded with a small smile, still hugging her book to her chest.

When he apologised to her for offering to buy the books, Ophelia nodded her head with another small smile, it was pleasant that he had apologised for offending her. Many people didn't, even her own family sometimes refrained from saying they were sorry for their occasional cruel words. Tracing her fingers over the cover of the book she was holding to keep them occupied she cleared her throat to reply;

"It is quite alright I am certain that you meant no offense in your offer."

The revelation that Jasper also studied made Ophelia feel more at ease with speaking to him, at least they would have something in common they could talk about. She was very well versed in all areas of education but, her passion truly lay in the sciences. No matter what area of study he was interested in, and it seemed to be engineering, she could discuss with relative ease.

"I am free now, if you are. I have many lab and study hours in University commencing next week so it will be hard to get a hold of me then. Are you currently enrolled in an engineering course at Starling University? It is a quite exemplar course from what I have read." Ophelia commented, as she handed over her book to the cashier to scan through.
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Tue May 19, 2015 8:42 am

Jasper looked at her and nodded. He was busy with school. And it seemed she was a student to with all her interests and such. Though He's High School didn't provide him with proper level of education for he's level. He's father hired the best tutors money can buy for him. In order to keep pushing him while he keeping the man studying all the time. Jasper sometimes wished he had free time to work on he's projects. Rather then simple things like going out and seeing how life is knowing that you have to be humble, carefree, and life will simply end sooner or later. It was a experience he did not like to have the idea of death. However, he knew their was things that he could obtain that will further he's lifespan or growth. He however did not know how to obtain such things. Well he did it was a matter of not pissing he's father off.

This was good, to piss off father off for the things he had did to him and this world. He was a evil greedy bastard. If he wasn't rich, Jasper had no idea would He's father would do without Money, if he's father wasn't rich. Shaking he's head very slowly he would simply sigh and close he's eyes. He reopened them and chuckled." YES WE WILL! We shall be the best of friends. And you shall be the one to see my Robots do good. And me be the first man to create a Bio Robotic Organic Life form that will be used for good." He announced. With a Brian Like Jasper's anything is possible. However their was a matter of Mortally as the issue. If he was immortal he could have done this more and not worrying about dying of very old age. Jasper did not like aging, however he knew he could prevent it. It was just founding the right people to grant him such an ability or potion of such form. Only time would tell to be quite honest.

He examined her word. She dismissed he's apology he was now confused. It wasn't dismissal it was like she knew he didn't mean any offense. But yet she overreacted did she really mean that he didn't have to apology, Jasper doubted that that. He smiled at her and looked her way."Well then let's pay for our books. Then we can head to the coffee place." he told her. He's eyes narrowing as he did and sighed."I am Still in High school. Senior year. Then I will be heading to the University. To further my knowledge." he told her.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Tue May 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Ophelia thought that the idea of creating Bio-Robotic Life Forms was a can of worms that should never be opened, but, people liked to push the boundaries of science beyond the lines that they should. When creating life forms things became tricky, the issue of ethics became involved and how they should be treated. Creating something which is a mix of robot and biological organism would suggest that it would, in some capacity at least, be human and as such have the same rights as humans should.

"I believe there has been some research into the area already, I recall reading an extract from an academic journal about it. I feel that the issue has many ethical repercussions and I hope that you have taken them into consideration." she replied with a nod of her head as she handed over the money for her book at the same time.

The woman at the till obviously thought that they were strange for having such an in depth conversation but Ophelia was accustomed to receiving these types of looks and as such didn't much mind. She shrugged them off and continued to think about the ethics she would put in place if such a thing was her creation.

Once she had paid, Ophelia picked up the bag that now contained her textbook and waited for Jasper to be finished with his payment as well. She loitered by his side at the till, her attention wandering to some of the novelty items that were lined up there available for purchase. They were all strange and inconsequential , but nevertheless amusing to look at.

"I am beginning my first year there." she informed with a small smile "I believe that you would enjoy the engineering course that they offer, the biology course too is very good. I researched it extensively before applying there as my final choice of institution."
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Tue May 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Jasper looked at her and shook he's head from side to side. He nodded after wards."Ethics? I wouldn't put much thought into that. When someone would be able to adapt and learn on it's own. Just like a Child is when it's growing up. You don't give a creation ethics, they learn it. I plan by the time my Robotic Bio-Organically Life form is created it will learn on it's on just like any human does. That's my final say on it. It will be it's own person with it's own mind. What it does with it's own life it's up to him. Nor will I have hold any consequences that he would do to people. If it destroys a city? Sure good for him, it Saves a life? Sure good for him, it makes a family sure good for him, etc. People need to understand. That just because someone who made life and gives it free will is not responsible for it's actions. If that's what your hinting at." He said sharply.

He paid for he's books right after hers, Notice the woman give him strange looks and he dismissed them. He smiled at the woman and shook he's head. And joined by Ophelia's side. He's eyes narrowing as he spoke."Well, you know. I guess I will be seeing you there next year. If you still be there. Perhaps we will be in same classes. Though it's highly doubtful seeing as both of us have different tastes in terms of study and research. Biology I beat would be need. As well as Neuroscience, Philosophy, Businesses even too, Evolution, All the history's. Perhaps we will have class together after all." He told her. Sure that's a lot to take and do. But He was sure if anyone can do it. It was Jasper the freak genius.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Wed May 20, 2015 7:27 am

Ophelia frowned when he said that he wasn't going to put much thought into the ethics of what he was doing and was, essentially, just going to allow a creation of immense power out into the world without any sense of right or wrong and letting it learn that stuff on its own. She had never heard a more idiotic thing fly out of someone's mouth. Firstly, she hadn't even meant the ethics that would be instilled in the creation, and secondly, allowing such a thing to learn by trial and error was insane. Especially after just admitting it would be a child and children, no matter what, needed parents to guide them. They didn't just 'learn on their own'. The various cases of feral children were enough to attest to that.

"You are going to make a organic robot hybrid which can safely go around destroying cities without any kind of repercussion from its creator. That is as stupid as it is irresponsible and criminal, besides, you said not two minutes ago the creature would be innately good by design. You are instilling ethics in it from its conception, then, much against what you just said." she replied with a slightly bored tone.

She had no time for illogical people who could create the end of the world and didn't care about it. Such an act was villainous.

"That was actually not what I was hinting at either so I don't appreciate you snapping at me. You need to ensure that the world will accept such a creation as human, if indeed you want it to be seen as human which you just said you do. Just because you see it as being human, does not mean others will. If people, especially Governments do not class them as human they will not have human rights. They can have any amount of things done to them and it will be legal. Have you given consideration to this issue and made preparations for it? Have you presented your idea to the necessary people and have they accepted it as viable and agreed for you to go ahead?" Ophelia continued, with that same bored expression. For a moment she had thought better of Jasper than everyone else.

Raising an eyebrow, Ophelia sighed and made her way towards the nearest coffee place;

"I am doing a degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry. We will doubtless see each other around the science buildings." she replied.
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Thu May 21, 2015 11:33 am

Jasper glared at her as he listened to her and nodded he's head. As he gave her a warm smile."I thought about about it. But decided against such things. Simply because they are not needed. Their's a variety of subjects that would fall into what I am currently talking that is related to this, Evolution, History, few others. Take black people for example and women? African Americans were beaten, punished, and whipped. People did not accept them, they were treated poorly and lastly they had no equal rights. Women in the 1900s Did not have the right to vote, until later on. They could not get equal pay or equal jobs as men. Then we have Homosexuality that was allowed to a degree back Before Christ. Yet to this day. Society and some people do not accept that. " he said bluntly. He's words had passion within them.

"Governments? Screw them. If they do not want to accept something that's man made that's fine. It's not like people in this world accept each other either way? So let me ask you this? Why would it I let someone in to this world with Ethics when people themselves are a bunch of half witted corrupt idiots. That are selfish, Uncaring, sexist, etc." he said coldly. Before following her to the nearest Coffee place.

"Forgive me for acting this way. It's unlike me. I tend to get real into things like this. I hope I've not offended you into this way. The world is different. They are few with open minds. I hope you take into consideration with my opinions. I am not telling you to accept them. I am offering you other ways of looking at things. Doesn't mean yuo have to believe in them." he told her calmly. "Nor am I forcing my words into your head. I just got really into what we were talking about it. Got a bit defensive when I really should have done so. So please for give me." he requested for her to accept he's apology.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Thu May 21, 2015 12:14 pm

Ophelia had no time for idiotic statements that said that ethics were not needed, they were evidently needed in the world and for all this man's supposed smarts he didn't have a clue. She was rather sad for him, that he would make such a thing only to have it gunned down by the Governments for being a threat. All of that hard work would go up in the push of a button simply because he hadn't bothered to give it a guideline as to what was right and wrong, what it shouldn't do. A set of commandments to live by, as it were.

"Those situations depict exactly how your creations will be treated. A kind creator would want to spare them from that pain, but obviously, seeing as you do not, you must not have been as kind as I first thought that you were if you wish for them the endure this kind of suffering." she replied simply, still a little shocked that he wouldn't wish to do what was needed to avoid creating suffering for however many lives he created.

Maybe he saw it as not his problem? An irresponsible father who wiped his hands of his creations as soon as he had finished with the act of making them.

"You cannot 'screw' the Governments, to say so is idiotic." she replied curtly, with a shake of her head "You create things with ethics so that they do not turn out exactly as the things you have just described. Ethics, morals, a general good upbringing helps stop people, and your robots, becoming selfish, uncaring, sexist and any number of negative characteristics. You will be worsening the situation by introducing more people like that into the world."

Ophelia shrugged her shoulders and took a seat at the table of the coffee shop;

"I forgive you, but I do not accept what you have said, any of it." she replied "I find your logic to be flawed along with your belief systems, but, continue along that road if you will, don't heed my advice if that is what you truly wish to do, but you'll regret it later on in life when you make the mistakes I highlighted to you."
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Thu May 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Jasper looked at her and listened to her words. He would simply sigh and shake he's head. He would not argue with her. Not any more he would not. It seemed this friendly Debate was turning turning into a pretty bad one. He simply shook he's end and took a seat on the opposite end."So, what can you tell me about yourself other then you enjoy studying a lot and reading seeing as you have brought a boy." He asked in a calm tone. He dismissed the entire debate, as to not cause any form of heated argument, it was clear they had two different views the subject. So there's no reason to going further on to.

He shook he's head and sighed. It's shame that she wouldn't at atleast respect he's opinions. But guess it couldn't be helped. They were a bit off and extremed. He shook he's head. If he were to fail the entire world would surely hate him for it. He was sure of this. They would look at him wrongly never again would the world look as Jasper as the Rich Man. But Jasper as an The one who had created a Weapon of Mass Destruction. Their was that consideration and thought of that happening. Jasper wasn't an idiot. However, Jasper's foolishness and in ability to take certain advices and suggestions about topics was here's fail alone. Jasper hoped for the best. There was always that point of the Bio-Robotic Organic Life Form becoming evil.

Then Jasper shrugged it off. So what about the evil people, The Terrorist, the Kings in The 11th Century, What about them? Did everyone accept everyone in this damned world? Of course not. Of course they did not accept everyone in this damned forgotten world. So why would one Life will change how the entire world thinks? Why would one life if it was Jasper's failure to granted it guidance, do to this world that wasn't already done? It wouldn't change anything. This world was damned as it was. It can't be changed. Evil will exist no matter what, created, Brought, Trained, Brainwashed, etc. Certainly one failure would not the entire world into Eternal peace? Of course, that was foolish.

He shook he's head and sighed. Those thoughts that ran into him. He couldn't make a mistake then again he shouldn't be so foolish as to not allow some form of guidance happened.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Sat May 23, 2015 6:25 am

Ophelia saw that he didn't wish to continue the debate which was acceptable to her, it was obvious that he wasn't going to move on what he thought was right even though it was unfortunately going to mean grave things for the world if he ever managed to actually go through with his plans to create what it was he had told her about. At least she would be able to turn invisible and hide away from what might happen to the world, although what an lonely existence that would be.

She at least liked the option to socialise even if she didn't actually take it.

Besides the fact that she enjoyed studying and she liked books there really wasn't much else to know about Ophelia. They were the two main things in her life apart from the power that she had and she certainly wasn't going to be sharing that with a complete stranger, someone that she hadn't met before. She hadn't even told her family, not like they would care, her brother especially could create untold problems for her.

"There is not much else to know about me." she replied simply "So why don't you tell me something else about you, if you wish to talk about a different topic apart from studying and reading. Do you have any other hobbies that you enjoy?" Ophelia asked, hoping he wouldn't ask her the same question. Her collection of rocks was not the most interesting hobby to admit to.
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Sat May 23, 2015 10:16 am

Jasper looked at her. He also had to take into considerations that if he attempts to do this and it goes wrong. It would mean the end of the world. Well, technically not really. Perhaps the Superheros of Earth can save them from such a threat. Jasper didn't want to rely on them that much. But if worse came to worse he might not have a choice in the matter. Shaking he's head slowly. He sighed perhaps he should try and talk to her about some other topic. Other then what he asked of her already.

"Everyone must have some interesting fun interests about them. Surely you have fun things people like and enjoy about you?" Jasper asked her in a wondrous tone. He was sure that there was gonna be something more interesting about her then she let on. He'll have to think about he's questions for her that he had in mind. Think Jasper think. Then she asked about him."I like Trucks, Helping people out, Being friendly, Giving to the poor, Studying, Video Games, Pizza, Etc." he told her quietly.

"So tell me Ophelia. If you had the ability to do anything. What will you do? It can be anything, a power, creation, Love, Evolution, Birth, Forgiveness, Acceptations, Etc. What would you pick?" Jasper asked her. it was a questioned he would ask anyone. If he was in the mood for asking such things. Quite frankly he was. He wanted to know more about her. This should tell him more about her.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Sun May 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Ophelia frowned slightly, she did have things that people liked and enjoyed about her but both of those things he had just ruled out as topics of conversation. If he were to include them again then she would be able to talk about something that interested her and she was happy to discuss, unfortunately it seemed because of their previous argument that those topics were out of the question.

"The most notable, and most admired features of myself are my knowledge about science and generally all subjects. You ruled out those as topics of conversation so unfortunately I have nothing else to discuss that is of any relevance to myself." she answered simply.

The list of things that Jasper told her he liked to do were simple and she could appreciate that some people would find them interesting even if she did not. Environmentally the Jeep was not the best car to have, Ophelia walked everywhere and when she needed to she took public transport in order to help reduce her carbon footprint. She wasn't about to broach the subject though, no doubt the prettiness of the Jeep would outweigh any arguments she had for getting rid of it.

"If I had the ability to do anything it would be to get the knowledge that I have out there to the world. People can benefit from my equations and the adaptations I have already done on other academic's work, corrections to equations, new theories that are more plausible...various things like that. If I could get them out to other people the world could truly be a better place, nobody else has the intellect to do it, or I haven't met them yet." she replied.
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Mon May 25, 2015 9:15 am

Jasper looked at her and shook he's head. He needed to make something happen out of this conversation sadly he got nothing right now. He shook he's head and simply sighed."I see. Well then." He told her calmly. This wasn't going to well. He sighed softly. This was rather a sad moment for him. Here he thought he was being nice and kind. Apparatchik he's views on how his organic life forms would be, Didn't play nice with her.

"Knowledge and Science. I see then." he told her softly. He Then shook he's head this wasn't going well as he thought it would. And resuming this would not be best. Then again he wanted to make friends. She would be a great friend if he could play he's cards right. Sadly he did not play them right. Which was a real shame to be honest.

He looked at her and shook he's head."I think we got on the wrong foot. With our opinions and views on the world and life. Perhaps we can start over?" he asked her. Wondering if she was willing to give him another chance. But knowing Jasper's habit of putting his two sense into it. He would most likely mess it up. Still he hoped she was willing to to do.

(Sorry for the small post.)
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Wed May 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Ophelia could feel the awkwardness in the air and she didn't want the rest of her afternoon to be spent in such a manner, normally she would have simply excused herself and left but she didn't this time. She wanted to give Jasper a chance to change the subject, make it up to her or just take her mind off the situation. The offer to start over she thought was as good as she was going to get in leaving the views she found so problematic behind.

This time she would avoid that subject or anything to do with ethics if she could at all help it, it was obvious that Jasper and her didn't agree and that talking about such things would only lead to more and more discord between the two of them. If the afternoon was to be saved and be at all pleasant, Ophelia would need to accept his offer and move on from the emotions that had been invoked from before.

"Of course we may." she stated with a small nod, holding out her hand so that she could re-introduce herself to Jasper and begin their acquaintance a new "I am Ophelia Smith, pleasure to meet you."
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Sat May 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Jasper looked at her oh the awkwardness in the air was very strong with both of them. This needed to changed and changed fast as he can do. He wanted to be friends with her. And although they both had different views on the world and how it would be. Along at how Society should act, amongst other things. He would hate to lose a friend such as Ophelia. It would not be wise to lose another intelligent human being that shared different views on things. It would be a big lost for Jasper. One that Jasper would not forget.

Nodding his head once she decided to speak and he smiled. Lovely she decided it was best that they start over. It was good that she would allow such a thing to happen. Very kind of her. He felt very happy. He extended he's right hand. As he did he would grip it firmly and shake it."Pleasure to meet you, Ophelia Smith. I am Jasper Lionheart." He smiled and then retracted his had to where it was. He nodded his head. Good this was a good start. They were getting somewhere atleast. Now to have a topic that they may start to talk about. Jasper was at a lost of words for now. He hoped she had something.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophelia Smith Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:18 am

Ophelia sat in silence for a little while after Jasper re-introduced himself to her and then promptly let the conversation die. She thought that this would be a good time to actually go up and get herself something to drink, perhaps she could think of something to talk about while she was up there in the queue. She made her excuses to Jasper and went up to the counter to order - a few minutes later she was back.

In her hands was a simple vanilla latte. One of her favourite things to drink.

Sighing softly she sat back down and decided that seeing as they were in a coffee house she would broach the subject of coffee with Jasper. Seemed to be a harmless point of conversation for a social interaction. Clearing her throat slightly before she spoke, Ophelia gestured to the cup in her hands and asked;

"What is your favourite type of coffee?" she asked with an interested gaze "I find that I like sweet coffee instead of bitter, is that the same for you?"
Ophelia Smith
Ophelia Smith
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Lionheart Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Jasper waited for some form of reply. Instead she had excused herself. Well how rude, he chuckled. As he joked about the thought. He knew she meant no harm by it. He too perhaps should get something to eat. It would be nice. To buy some drinks. Maybe he can offer to pay for hers. He brushed the thoughts off. Jasper was a very kind and gentle guy. Though he could get very critical on things and how life should be along as have really heated debates about certain things. But if people can look pass that. They would find a very good, loyal and decent friend in Jasper. Who would have your back no matter what.

When she returned he chuckled and spoke. "It varies from time to time. I like my Coffee black and hot. Warm coffee is good really. To be honest. For me that is." He chuckled slightly and shook his head. That much was the truth to be quite honest. He did in fact love Black and Warm Coffee.
Jasper Lionheart
Jasper Lionheart
Young Justice
Young Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down