DC Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Switch Accounts

Staff Team

Admin Jules

Admin Em

Admin Lexa

Latest topics
» Blake Van Dross (WIP)
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 pm by Blake Van Dross

» Jesse al Ghul (WIP)
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm by Jesse al Ghul

» Site Rules
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm by Oliver Queen

» Site Plot
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:54 am by Oliver Queen

» Member Directory
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm by Oliver Queen

» Power Claims
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm by Oliver Queen

» Canon Claims
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm by Oliver Queen

» Oliver Queen
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm by Oliver Queen

» Application
Brother's For Life (Jeremy) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:21 am by Oliver Queen

Brother's For Life (Jeremy)

2 posters

Go down

Brother's For Life (Jeremy) Empty Brother's For Life (Jeremy)

Post by Lucas Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:22 pm

Lucas wanted to try something. He had left his cane at home and had made his way to a bar using echos and his other senses to guide him he hadn't tried this before. It was going quite well until he tripped over a crack. "Shit!" He said out loud as he made his way back to his feet slowly. He then continued to move. He really hated daylight. He had in a pair of blue contacts in so that he wouldn't scare anyone with his pure white eyes.

Pulling his jacket around himself he didn't realize that he had cut his knee open. Though it had started to heal himself. He was feeling drained and had to rest but he kept walking until he collapsed in an alley against a wall.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Brother's For Life (Jeremy) Empty Re: Brother's For Life (Jeremy)

Post by Jeremy Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:28 pm

Jeremy had been following his brother, far enough away so that his brother wouldn't know he was following, but close enough in case anything happened. Which it did, his brother tripped over and he went to him in an instant once he was in the alleyway. "Its me bro. " He said, supporting his brother.

"You alright? " Jeremy asked him, noticing the cut. "Your cut bro, and not in a good way. What were you trying to do? Use echolocation?
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:41 pm

Lucas' arm went around his brother as soon as he helped him up. Why had he been so stupid. "Yeah I was. I hate the cane." He quietly. He wanted to learn to harness echolocation so that he could possibly seem normal while he was walking. Yet he had always failed with it. Damn he had cut his knee seriously he would never to be able to live completely on his own. He hated that he wanted to be his own person.

He then sensed the pain in his knee and he let out a small scream. He knew that it would heal and that was probably why he had felt drained was because he was using more then one power at a time. 'Damn it, just damn it why didn't he sense that pain earlier.' He thought to himself yet he knew why he was too focused on trying to make his way around town.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Jeremy held on to his big brother with his bionic arm, that gave him strength. He looked at him with concern, "Bro chill with the gifts, let yourself heal first remember." He said, "You're the one teaching me how to control my gifts but you don't always focus on yours. Practice your echolocation later okay? Come on lets get you to a bench." Jeremy told him, helping him to one.

"What was it like?" Jeremy asked, "Being the first one to find out you were different. I mean with the whole eyes and gift thing." To be honest he couldn't remember his sister all that well, of course he had been twelve when it all happened, near enough to it but his sister was always busy it seemed doing things.
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Lucas sat down on the bench and relaxed slightly. He was quiet for several minutes while he thought on his brother's question. "Actually I was the first of us to discover that my eyes turn black however Thana our sister god rest her soul had discovered her gift first." He said quietly. Thinking of Thana always made him feel sad he missed her they were close. Though the accident made him develop a bond with his younger brother that he hadn't while Thana was still around.

Leaning against the back of his bench he felt down his upper leg to his knee so that he could feel how deep the cut was before it healed fully. Damn it was deep and it hurt prodding it but he wanted to know he needed to know the severity of the cut.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Jeremy knew his brother didn't always like talking about their sister, but he wanted to know. They had always had a bond that..well he was jealous of. But it was that big brother little sister bond, whereas he had the big brother little brother bond.

Listening he cocked his head a little bit, "So she found her gift first. What.....what was it?" He asked, asking things he had never asked his brother before. He looked at his brothers knee, "You've lacerated a few tendons." Jeremy told him, he could see so he could tell his brother how bad it was. "Do....do you think she could of survived? I mean...someone could of pulled her out...after us..and no one found her body.."
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:17 pm

Lucas closed his eyes when he thought of Thana but he knew that his brother needed to know about her. "It was energy sourcing. She could possibly be alive out there somewhere I like to hope so sometimes. But at the same time I keep telling myself that logic states that she is dead." He wanted to listen to his heart but he needed logic it was the only thing that kept him alive it was tangible and he could feel it.

Leaning against the bench he let his thoughts slip to Thana. Lucas knew he should focus on the cut but he wanted to hear Thana's voice again and see her. One arm resting on his injured knee gently and the other was wrapped around his brother's shoulders. He loved his younger brother and knew that he would answer whatever questions he had about Thana when he asked though it hurt him.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:22 pm

Listening Jeremy frowned, but didn't push it. Instead wrapped an arm back around his brother, "You know this totally ruins my whole street credit rebel stuff. " He joked, he knew his brother couldn't see so looked out for him. Hell he would lost his other arm for him if he had to.

" So what do you want to do, can't stay here and chill, want some food or something? Theres a Mexican truck not far, or chinese? " Jeremy asked, "The adoptives are out, and I am dying for some food."
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Lucas laughed slightly at his brother's quick change of the subject. Jeremy was always hungry well he was a growing boy after all. "Food sounds good and whatever you want is alright." He said as he reached up and ruffled his younger brother's hair. There was sometimes that you couldn't even tell he was blind unless you watched him closely. He had learned to adapt to most circumstances but he loved the night when he could see and walk about on his own. He had tried on many occasions to just sleep through out the entire daylight hours. In fact if he was working on a very complicated experiment he would go in at night or just turn off all the lights in his lab so that he could actually see what he was doing.

Standing up slowly holding on to the park bench as he did so he tested his knee. He knew that it wasn't fully healed but it would support his weight at least which at the moment was all that he needed it to do.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:01 am

Smiling Jeremy helped his brother up, "Alright can you walk?" he asked, he knew of a shady little chinese restaurant. Literally. His brother should almost be able to see.

Walking him to it, he still held on to his brother, or rather let his brother hold on to his metal arm. When it wasn't covered all the ladies loved it. At first he had been upset he didn't have an arm. But when the adopties gave him a bionic one, it made things easier. Hell he even got to train with it! "Alright bro, try see'" Jeremy told him, the restaurant was barely lit, so his brother should hopefully be able to see.
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:17 am

Lucas blinked a few times once they entered the restaurant. He was able to make out a few shapes though not clearly he could at least see around. The smell of the food was so strong for him though it was a good smell it was overpowering. He smiled as he looked around at least he could see slightly what he was eating. That was one thing he hated not being able to see what he was eating. As the waiter led them to a table that was far away from any windows as per their request though he found it strange as most people wanted to be near the window so they could see better.

Lucas slid into the bench seat with ease and looked at his brother with a big grin on his face. For once he felt normal again. It wasn't complete dark and yet he could see. This was just the perfect place for him though of course no one else other then his brother would know this. "This place is great I can see though not quite clearly." He said keeping his voice down but not containing his excitement.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:21 am

Smiling and looking at his brother again, he asked the waiter to dim the lights even more for them. "Better big bro?" He said, at least his brother could see even if only a little bit. "I found this place the other night, I did a gig here." Jeremy explained, "Alright what do you want to eat? There's satay chicken, oyster chicken and veggies, any ideas?"

If his brother liked it here Jeremy would bring him here more often, Metropolis wasn't bad. Though it had been...shit the last time either of them were in Starling was when they went over the bridge..Wow time really did go fast. "The audience loved my music the other night."
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 am

Lucas' eyes began to focus a little more as the lights dimmed even more. "Hmm what do you suggest Jer?" He asked as he started to see some of the detail in the room. He was liking this place as he could actually see in here and sort of felt normal. "We definitely have to come back here." He said as he waited for the waiter to return and ordered himself a beer. Almost forgetting that he should stay away from alcohol though he wanted a cold one tonight.

He had the secret of teaching himself to play his guitar again. He was getting pretty good at it and he had written some lyrics but he wasn't sure that he wanted to share them with his brother as they were filled with hate. Though he eyed the stage and saw a old guitar he got up and walked to it pulling up a stool he picked it up and began to play it. Soon he was singing along to his music. He was lost in it he knew that this was really for Jeremy to see that he had could play again they used to play together all the time before the accident but he stopped for years after he lost his site as he couldn't figure out how a blind man could play the guitar.

"Can't find the answers
I've been crawling on my knees
Looking for anything
To keep me from drowning
Promises have been turned to lies
Can't even be honest inside
Now I'm running backward
Watching my life wave me goodbye
Running blind
I'm running blind
Somebody help me see I'm running blind
Searching for nothing
Wondering if I'll change
I'm trying everything
But everything still stays the same
I thought if I showed you I could fly
Wouldn't need anyone by my side
Now I'm running backward
With broken wings I know I'll die
I'm running blind
Running blind
Somebody help me see I'm running blind
Running blind
Running blind
Running blind
I can't find the answers
I've been crawling on my knees
Looking for anything
To keep me from drowning
I'm running blind
Running blind
Running blind
Running blind
Running blind
Running blind
Running blind
Running blind
Running blind"

Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 pm

Jeremy wasn't paying attention to his brother at that exact moment so was about to look up and answer him when he heard... His brother playing guitar ? His eyes were immediately fixated on him, listening . He understood the lyrics and clapped the loudest and stood up when Lucas was done, " I didn't know you still played. Great job." Jeremy said to him, smiling .

Returning the table he raised a cocky eyebrow " Unless you have any more Suprises can we eat ?" Jer asked Lucas, smiling . "I think the Satay chicken and black bean beef."
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:25 pm

Lucas smiled at Jeremy. "Well I gave it up for a few years and picked it up last year again. Yes we can eat and that sounds good." He said as he leaned against the back of the booth seat. He waited for the waiter to return with his beer and then placed their order. He took a sip of the liquid and it tasted so good. He knew he would be in trouble afterwards but whatever what was life without a little risk.

When the food came he reached with his fork and took a bite. Well he had done things tonight that he hadn't done in years and he felt great afterwards. He was just proving to himself that he could do things that he used to and that just because he was blind it didn't mean that he couldn't play any more.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Jeremy smiled at his big bro, " Little rusty on the G sharp but otherwise you're all good ." He said to him, getting his can of soda as well. Jer didn't give a dam if his brother drank, he was twenty he could do what he wanted.

Luckily they didn't have to wait long for the food to arrive and Jeremy let his brother go first , not saying a word as he moved the food in front of him. He knew that Luc didn't have full vision but it was better vision at least . Once Luc's bowl was full Jeremy grabbed his own with the rice and began wolfing it down, he was a teenage boy he was hungry!
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:53 pm

"Hmm this is good." He said as he allowed the taste of the food dance over his tongue. He just wanted to be normal again but he knew that never would happen. Though at least here he could feel slightly normal. He had met someone who told him to focus on his ability rather then his disability so lately he was trying to do just that. "So you want to help me practice?" Lucas asked softly he really wanted to get as good as he used to be with the guitar.

His thoughts wandered back to when he had first started to play with his brother in fact he was the one who gave the idea that they should form a band. Which he broke off as soon as he had lost his sight as he didn't think he could be on tour blind. He continued to play in secret for a few years but then he lost interest only to pick it up again a few years after he was happier playing.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:12 pm

Smiing Jeremy wolfed his first bowl down " Ish veggy goshd." He mumbled out before swallowing it. A look I his eyes, his brother was asking him to help him practice ? Hell yeah! " Sure I'm all in." Jeremy smiled , " Never know maybe we could make the house of Taymele band, I know the cousins would be in . Hey we should track them down." He commented.

Lucas looked happier now, wether it was this place, or maybe even talking about Thana. Lately there had been a change in him, a good one . " I totally dibs playing bass guitar ."
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Lucas finished the bowl that he had and his beer. He smiled when his brother agreed to help him practice. "That would be great. To be honest I have been learning to focus on what I can do rather then what I can't do lately. It has been helping a lot." When his adopted parents found the razors they had got him some help which he pretended to not be interested in.

"You can totally do bass and it would be cool if we can get the entire family involved." He kind of wanted lead guitar and vocals though he wasn't sure if he was good enough for that. Plus he didn't want to take vocals fully away from his brother. "So do you have any idea what my position would be in this band."
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:20 pm

Smiling Jeremy got another bowl of food, and gave Lucas another one as well. Then listening to him before eating again, "That's good. Its a good way of looking at it. I mean the chicks totally dig my arm but you know how I hated it to begin with. Hey you should get some ink!" Jeremy said.

Listening he nodded, "Totally, I mean I'm sure I can find Lucy, and Rachel. Clarissa though has gone off the grid, but I know Lucy and Rachel are both into it. Jason I think is in Egypt last I heard so I doubt he will do it. I think you'd be great guitarist, and we can share vocals if you want?" Jeremy offered with a smile, "I'll do the gothic ones, and you can do the heartfelt ones big bro."

Smiling he decided to brave it and ask the question, "Did Than's ever play instruments? I don't remember her ever joining us really. I do remember her swimming though, and the gymnastics but not singing and music."
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Lucas listened to his brother as he ate his second food of bowl. "Confession time I do I have some ink on my back." He knew he could only see it in the dark but he was proud of it. He loved the skull and crossbones that he had got. He never admitted to being the perfect child but guess if they compared him to his brother then he might seem perfect but he had done some growing up since his teen years.

"I will show you it when we go back home as it might be weird if I take my shirt off here." He then took another bite of his food. He was realized that he might have to go to the hospital as his knee still hadn't healed it's self fully well it fixed all the tendons but the gash wasn't getting any shallower which he noticed as he touched it to see how far it was healed.
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Jeremy's eyes lit up as his brother said he had ink " No way, the good kid has ink?" He said beaming, and going for another bowl of food after taking a gulp of his drink .

" Yes you will have to show me, pray tell when did you get this done Luke?" He asked, his brother hadnt exactly been the sneaking out type like he was.
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Semele Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Lucas smirked slightly. "Now, now I haven't always been good. It was after my last attempt at my life a couple months ago that I headed out. Not sure if you remember but I was gone for about a week before our adopted parents found me in the hotel room that I was staying in." The one time that he had actually lived alone and he knew that he couldn't do it for a long period as he had hardly ate during that week.

"Thana used to play the violin and the drums I had taught her how to play the drums. Oh and being a guitarist and split vocals would be cool forgot to mention that earlier." He said as he finished his second bowl and he was done. "I think I might need a couple stitches in my knee also."
Lucas Semele
Lucas Semele

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Semele Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:10 am

Jeremy looked at his brother, he didn't like talk of his older brother trying to end it. Fortunately it was a lot damn harder for them to do it then most people, but still. He didn't like losing the thought of his family. Even if they did bicker every now and then.

He did smiled though as Lucas openly spoke about Thana, "I remember that. The violin...She had a wooden one, beautiful oak...hey....do..Do you think it would still be at the old house?" Jeremy asked him, "I think we should go back there ..Get some things you know. And I'll take another look at your knee, I'll stitch it if you want." Jeremy told him pulling out some cash. He was going to pay for this one, and gave a tip as well to the waiter before looking at his brother again. "Want a beer or something for the road?"
Jeremy Semele
Jeremy Semele
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down