DC Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Switch Accounts

Staff Team

Admin Jules

Admin Em

Admin Lexa

Latest topics
» Blake Van Dross (WIP)
Not Again (Alex) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 pm by Blake Van Dross

» Jesse al Ghul (WIP)
Not Again (Alex) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 pm by Jesse al Ghul

» Site Rules
Not Again (Alex) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 3:24 pm by Oliver Queen

» Site Plot
Not Again (Alex) EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:54 am by Oliver Queen

» Member Directory
Not Again (Alex) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:09 pm by Oliver Queen

» Power Claims
Not Again (Alex) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:43 pm by Oliver Queen

» Canon Claims
Not Again (Alex) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:32 pm by Oliver Queen

» Oliver Queen
Not Again (Alex) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm by Oliver Queen

» Application
Not Again (Alex) EmptyMon May 25, 2020 7:21 am by Oliver Queen

Not Again (Alex)

2 posters

Go down

Not Again (Alex) Empty Not Again (Alex)

Post by Euphemia Balas Wed May 20, 2015 8:35 am

Throughout her entire life, Euphemia had always enjoyed parties, and for the past year she had worked at Fluorescence, a club in Starling City.  Being a bartender was one of her favorite jobs, mostly for the people and atmosphere.  It was easy to adapt to and enjoyable, though she still had to deal with sexist men who attempted to flirt with her.  Unfortunately for them she had no interest in anyone, but as a bartender it was typical to reject customers, making her job so much simpler.

The night was just beginning, and slowly the building was filling with people, all ready for hours of socializing, dancing, and drinking.  She pushed a bit of her hair behind her ear, thinking she would probably put it up as the hours ran by, but for the time being it would remain down.  The usual amount of people ordered drinks soon after entering the club, and she readily served them alongside the other bartender.  It was a large enough establishment to warrant more than one person with her job, which helped when the crowd was especially thick.

Even in the busiest times, however hard she had to work, she always enjoyed it.  It was comparable to the centuries she spent exploring America from coast to coast, traveling alone as she had her entire life, encountering innumerable cultures and languages, plants and animals she had never seen before.  Watching normal humans was almost the same experience; each one of them was so unique, with flaws and skills and family and jobs.  Despite that knowledge, she was not often jealous of them, because so far she had no cause to fear death, a threat that hung over all of their heads through their short lives.  No, she more often pitied them or found herself sympathetic.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Not Again (Alex) Empty Re: Not Again (Alex)

Post by Alex Blackwood Thu May 21, 2015 10:55 am

Alex Blackwood had been busy with things at he's castle. He had decided to visit Starling to see if he could catch the hood. But mostly to ruin some women's life like he used to do and which he enjoyed to do a lot of that. He simply shook he's head and sighed. As he went into a club. It was filled with bodies as they danced to themselves, he's eyes leered at one woman. Before he's eyes drifted again. No bloody way. Of all places he found Eup? She much be really stalking him. The woman he had never managed to seduce and keeping trying no matter how many times she denied him. It was just weird. But he would never stop trying until he get inside of her.

He made he's way towards her and sat on the stool."Whiskey please." he said as he then looked at her. He did not use he's allure this time. So he would use he's normal charms to attempt and get inside of her. Sadly each time he got to close, she waved him off and simply let him down and left. What was about her that he tried to not give up. Maybe the fact that he could not have her. Like he had every other woman?

Who truly knew right? But that would not stop him."So, Eup. Long time no see. It's been what years since we've encountered each others? I do remember you coming over and meeting me over unexpected times? It seems I have found you this time? But Bartender, really?" he questioned her role"Never figured you as one before." he chuckled. It was kinda obvious that she would take upon this role. She always did like people.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 am

If she were to be honest, Euphemia had only half expected to encounter Alex Blackwood, the man who continued to attempt to get in her pants even after six centuries, at Fluorescence, even though she knew he lived in Starling.  It was a given that sooner or later they would run into each other again, be in America or Europe or somewhere else in the world.  Of course, that did not mean it was something that was calculated; it still caught her by surprise when he made eye contact with her, having the same expression as always.  He was a smug womanizer who ruined people's lives, yet for whatever reason he kept trying to win her over.  Obviously he never succeeded, but he also never took no for an answer.

She went about fixing his drink, an easy task, and within twenty seconds or so it was finished, before he even spoke again. "That it has, somewhere around two or three decades, I think." Another surprise was the lack of that odd feeling that she often felt around him, the one that dazed her at first before it was overcome.  She knew that he was the one who purposefully caused that, but as far as how it was unclear; perhaps it was a superhuman power of his, like immortality. "Well I figured I could try it, and as it turns out, it's actually pretty nice."

After the first few of their encounters Euphemia had almost taken on a sibling-like relationship with Alex, which was odd considering how he wanted to take her to bed, but it worked for her at least.  She could share casual things with him without worrying about giving away her secrets, though she had not yet told him exactly how old she was; all he knew was that she was much older than he was. "So I'm assuming you're here to ruin someone else's life?  I don't see how anyone could enjoy that, even you." The topic was a common one, seeing as they disagreed strongly about it.  She almost wondered if he had ever ruined another male's life, though she doubted it, since he did not seem like the type.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Thu May 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Alex Blackwood would looked at he's Eup and smile. She was always the amazing type. Each time he tried to get into her pants he was waved off like some type of doll. He was enjoying this. He had hoped that one day he would manage to get into her pants one way or another. The first time he attempted was he used he's allure it seemed to fail which it never did. Then he tried her after four of five times of meetings with her. So He gave that up and simply decided to use he's normal charms when that failed, Alexander Blackwood refused to give up. Even though he was bond to fail every time.

Though he couldn't say that he hated that idea of him trying and failing. It was certainly something different an unique. But over time of them meeting he grew fond of her. Looking up to her as a Sister type figure, even though he still wanted to get in her pants. Their were no limits to Alexander Blackwood at the current moment. He shook he's head."Ah, Yes Few Decades and yet I still miss you. Though I believe this time I found you?" He repeated himself. He shook he's head. He looked at her and smiled. It's awfully weird that Situation was versed. He was used to her founding him most of the time. Now he found her instead, this time it was he's turn to find her. Which he unexpectedly did.

He looked at her and nodded."Guess it is." he nodded her. He shook he's head and simply decided to give her a nice warm smile."So Like, I tell you I do found it funny and enjoyable about that sort stuff. The Ruining lives and all is sure amazing." he said he took the whiskey and sipped it with he's glass in he's right hand."So what happened with you? Anything interesting you would like to share with me? Over the past Twenty or Thirty years?" he asked her calmly. He would always listen to her. And give her his input on things.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Fri May 22, 2015 9:42 am

To say that Alex Blackwood was simply persistent was an understatement, as he was both that and stubborn, plus corrupt, but that was another matter entirely.  Yet somehow, Euphemia almost enjoyed talking with him as a person rather than someone who was interested her.  It made her long for a family, but she knew it would never work.  She had no interest in marriage or children, let alone sex or even kissing, and apart from that there was no way to gain a family that had already been lost once.  After the first few centuries she found it hard to remember what she had even had in the first place; a father, a mother, some sisters, some brothers, but how many exactly?  She feared that she would forget entirely someday, be it in the next decade, century, millennium.  Euphemia could throw around years like they were hours. "Oh you found me, hm?" She quickly came up with new words, "But for all you know I placed myself here purposefully." It was kind of fun to tease him, to a point.

"Well, I don't know about interesting," she began, reviewing the years that had passed in her mind, "but I guess I did get my fourth PhD, this time as myself.  It makes me hate half of society more because of the lack of education women were able to receive even, well," she thought for a moment, "less than a century ago.  Men are a**holes." She shrugged, trying to recall if she had spoken to him about her passion for the subject of women's rights before.  Nothing came immediately to mind, so perhaps it was something more recent?  Doubtful, but possible.  She started with another customer's drink, starting another thought. "Y'know, around 1726 I studied at Yale, and it was a great learning experience, seeing how men were treated differently and offered very different opportunities, but it was a bit hard at times to hide my real gender." She smiled a bit at the thought, wondering if he would understand that she had been posing as a male and what he would think of her. "What about you?  Have you been doing anything positive with your life?"
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Fri May 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Alexander wondered all the time he had been visited and stalked by Euphemia. Creepy as if she was teasing him. And wanting to tease him knowing damn well that he would never get any of that. But damn, Can't a Man dream? Ironic enough they dreamed enough. Far to much. "Euphemia.." He said calmly as he said her name. He longed for a sister, and she was the closest to a Sister Figure he had. Even though he wanted to Screw her and do things to her. Though he would never seceded mostly because Euphemia wasn't interested. It was a fun game Euphemia was playing, Alexander didn't mind. Though it was very painful and torturous. "Yes that I did. I have found you this time. That means I finally win and deserve some form of Prize from you?" he asked her placing the glass up into the air as he attempted to toast. Then frowned and brought it down."Right, Guess I didn't win." he pouted, Before bringing a cheerful smile and speaking."So, how would you know was in Starling of all places? Been keeping tabs of me? Miss Stalker." He teased her.

Well she was always fun, Euphemia that is. "Not interesting, How so?" He asked her. Certainly it would be interesting. She was older then him. So why not? He Raised he's left eye brow."Congratulations?" He questioned in a Sarcasm manner. Shaking he's head."Well done, Euphemia. You've truly out done it." How old was she exactly. Alexander did not know this. Hopefully she would end up telling him. All he knew she was a few centuries older then him. However, Alexander wanted a number. Which she never give to him. "Hey, I know I am but, I turned pretty great." he winked at her laughing. He leaned forward, and waved he's glass near her face."You don't say?" he asked her.

"My life? I need another drink." he told her, Drowning it. He placed it on the table."It's been fun. Ruining lives, plotting against the world, Trying to regain.." he paused, he never told her about he's family. But she knew he's last name so, She probably found out."Regain my families place back in their little world of royal vampires. " He whispered for only her to hear.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sat May 23, 2015 6:36 am

"Prize?  The most you would've gotten was a discount on a drink," she offered, then thought of something more. "Tell you what, if you abstain from ruining anyone's life for a week, I will tell you," she grinned, "roughly how old I am." She knew that he was curious, but not how far her would go for that number labeling her years of life.  If he agreed, then they both won, and if he refused then no matter. "So now I'm a stalker, well, I have to admit that that one's new.  Strange, in my lifetime you'd expect to have heard everything, but apparently not." For a being over two thousand years old, Euphemia had not taken on every persona that one would think she had done, because so far there had been no need for being a creep or following people.

She debated whether or not she should answer his question, wondering if remaining mysterious would be more fun. "In all honesty," she started, grinning sheepishly and almost deciding against admitting the truth of the situation, "I actually had no idea you would be here.  It just seemed like a nice city and there was an opening, so I went for it." She shrugged slightly, then partially rolled her eyes at his comment about himself. "No, you're just the same as every other guy I've met," she smirked, disregarding his wink.  Any attempt to flirt with her would be ignored, and she would shut him down, but not always shut him out.  She was still open to a normal conversation if he did not feel too defeated.

His request was quickly fulfilled as Euphemia grabbed the bottle and refilled his glass, readily listening to his words and noticing the obvious hesitation.  She understood the action once he continued; talking about one's family was not always the easiest, and though she knew a bit about his, there were still holes in her knowledge. "Ah, family," she chuckled, "how fun." She made no mention of her own family, but wondered if he would question her comment; she might even tell him if he asked, that they had all died by the time she was four.  Their quick demise made it difficult to recall who they were, even on good days. "Well, at least yours isn't dead; all I have is vague memories from before I was four, and even if they had lasted a natural length of time, I don't think it would have mattered." She glanced down slightly, half-shrugging as the last few words left her lips.  At times, talking about her very early years was difficult, but around Alexander she felt a bit more at ease.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Sat May 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Alexander looked at her and blinked. He wanted a prize. Damnit why could he get a prize from her."It wouldn't be bad. Now would it. Discount sounds a bit cheap. From how many meetings with had together. Maybe she can just do that just one time for him. But nooo, she had to be very cheap towards him. It was fair. But Alex thought it was more mean then anything. However Alexander did not mind. He looked at her as she offered him something. Perhaps he should take it. It would be amazing if he did end up taken such a prized bet. "You have yourself a deal."Alexander said. If he can go without ruining a life for a week. She would tell him her age.

Shaking he's head. He would then sigh. She didn't think she was a stalker. Oh yah right. She sure did stalk him. Well not stalk him. She seemed to appear wherever, He went. Which was really Stalkish to be quite honest. Or was it all in he's head that Alex thought she was always following him and dropping in the most unsuspected times. Who truly knew. Alexander looked at her and shook he's head slowly. "I guess you're not stalking me at all what's so ever. Still doesn't explain how you randomly appear. Whenever I go somewhere. Maybe you have Eyes so good that are superb to a Hawk's hunting it's prey?" he joked as he offered a jest to her hopefully she would get his teasing.

Shaking he's head as he looked at her."Is that so? You had no idea that I was here? I find that very hard to believe. Not sure if you would understand any of it. It just so happens. You need up following me, randomly. It's just awfully strange to be quite honest. In a good way." he winked at her again as he attempted to tease her. After he's glass was refilled he looked at her and sipped on he's Whiskey. "Tell me about yours?" he asked her. IT seemed as if she was a bit disappointed or shamed. He wasn't capable of noticing at the moment. "I am sorry. " Alexander said Sympathetically.

He looked at her and brought he's hand and placed it on the table turning it."So. Tell me. About more about your life that you haven't told me. What dark Secrets have you hidden from me. " he asked her in the most wondrous tone. He finished he's drink."Another please." he told her. Wanting to drink more of the substance. It was an odd feeling that he was showing in he's tone of voice to her.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sun May 24, 2015 1:07 am

Euphemia smirked at his reaction, amused.  His agreement was mostly expected, then she thought of something new. "If you fail, the offer will not be back on the table for another century, got it?" It was not such a long time for her, but for him it was relatively longer since he had not even passed a millennium yet.  She wondered if that condition would give him second thoughts, or if he would not care.  Truly she was not sure how eager he was to learn her age, though apparently he was at least desperate enough to spend a week without doing the thing he seemed to love the most.

Honestly, even Euphemia thought it strange how they continued to run into each other over the span of six centuries, even with the amount of people on earth and both of their traveling.  It made her wonder if there was a reason for it, but she came up with nothing.  The few things they had in common were immortality, traveling, and troubled pasts, hardly enough to keep drawing them together.  Another drink was ordered and she quickly finished it for the customer, still listening to Alexander. "Ah yes, that's my secret," she grinned, "eyes like a hawk." It was false, obviously, but still fun.

"Well, I'm rather clueless as to how we keep running into each other as well.  Considering there are billions of people on earth, you would think we would never meet again, but we do." Again she ignored his wink. "I've learned to just go with it." His sympathy towards her was almost unexpected, and she shook her head slightly. "Don't apologize, it was a long time ago, and it doesn't really matter now." She brushed it off with a shrug, hoping he would understand that she had mostly gotten over it.  It still hurt, that was certain, but not as much as other wounds she still had.

"Hm... dark secrets..." she narrowed her eyes, trying to think of her greatest adventures, until she realized that they were in no way dark.  One of the most shadowed part of her life included the places she did not go, namely Greece. "Well, I, uh... the last time I visited my birthplace was in the 13th century; I haven't gone back since.  I just feel out of place because it's changed so much.  I've been everywhere else, crossed the Amazon, Siberia, the Sahara," she sighed, smiling sadly, "but not Athens.  Never Athens." She glanced down, letting out a breath and reflecting the question back at him. "Now you have to tell me something new, not that there's much." She had come to realize that flaw over the last century, but had not yet come to terms with it.  It was hard to decide whether visiting her place of origin would fix anything or make her long more for a lost time.  All that remained of her beginning was ruins and museum pieces and scholar's estimations.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Sun May 24, 2015 7:57 am

Alexander looked at her. He's eyes leered at her. Smiling simply it was very interesting to say the least. A week and she will tell him her age. He hoped she would be honest with him. Then again when was never honest with him? He shook his head calmly and sighed. Guess he would have to not ruin a life for a week. Damn it he was having second thoughts. Though his eagerness might as well overcome he's second thoughts. It was worth it to knowing her age. Then he would finally know how old was she. How much older she was then Alexander was.

He raised an eye brow and smiled."If I mess up the offer won't turn up for another hundred years. Good Lord, that's a very long time. I must not screw up then." Alexander said sarcastically. He narrowed he's eyes afterwards. This erased second thoughts of his. That was truly a good motivation speech, Euphemia. Just said said to get him to stay on the right path for a single week.

"You drive a hard bargain? I never thought of you as a Motivation Speaker. Well done." Alexander again said sarcastically clapping he's hands. "Now that you've erased any second thoughts about me changing my mind. Have you gotten yourself an animal pet yet? Perhaps a good or a Cat? For a loyal companion along your travels?" He wondered as he asked the question.

"Such secrets no wonder how you stalked me all the time! Those bloody eyes of yours." Alexander jested with her. For the most part. Euphemia understood most of Alexander's joke. Which was really good seeing as the two of them were close. "Perhaps it's fate's way, of saying. I should get into your pants?" Alexander winked her again, while he joked. It was a bit strange how the two seemed to meet together all the time. That or Euphemia, was a good trucker of that sort. "Going with it helps I assume?" Alexander asked her.

"I see. So um, have you visited where ever you came from? If you do not mind me asking?" he asked her curiously. Asking if she ever went back to her home country. Then she had answered his question."So you've only visited once? How was it if you do not mind me asking?" Questioning, he wondered if it was hard for her or not. To visit her birthday place. "You should visit some time then. Athens that is." He added to the sentence.

She wanted to know something new? Is that what it was? So he had to tell. He had an idea what he was gonna tell her. Though how she was react to it would probably be very horrible. "You see I have a plan! A Plan to make my parents Happy. But without a certain someone brought to them. I can't do that.. Then there's always the Case if my family would even accept such an offering. But I can't tell you such a plan. It's really horrible. You would greatly disagree with it, Euphemia." He told her. His plan was to have Starling City over taken by vampires, people turned or killed, and Him hurting the People The Hood loved and bringing The Hood to the he's parents.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sun May 24, 2015 9:02 am

For once, Euphemia would be straight with Alexander.  If he could accomplish what he had agreed to, then he deserved to know her age.  Of course, then he would have so many other questions, but any given person would.  Perhaps he would respect her more, or give up on trying to get her in bed with him, though the opposite effects were still possible.  She would simply have to risk it. "That's the point," she explained, "and some people's lives, however short they are, don't deserve to be ruined." She did not really consider herself to be a motivational speaker, but she was pleased to know that he had accepted her offer even with the condition.

He wanted her to get a pet?  Odd, but it made her wonder if he had ever had one. "At one point I seriously considered it, even found a puppy, but even a tortoise would be gone in such a short amount of time; I wouldn't want to get close to something just to have it die.  Immortality's a b*tch like that." The last animal she had come into direct contact with had made her realize the fragility of life, and how she was an anomaly.  First of all, she had no clue as to what made her immortal, since she knew that she was not any kind of supernatural being, and trying to get a second opinion would never go down well.  She had kept everything a secret from everyone but Alex, but still he did not know her true age.  And second, she was old enough to know that everyone died in the end.  Everyone wound up either forgotten, or if they were lucky, in history books.  Euphemia only feared the death of others.

Alexander's joke was received and almost disregarded, until she thought of a reply. "Or maybe, get this, maybe it's just a coincidence." She should have been used to his perversion by now, since it was actually quite lighthearted, but she was not.  The fact that he desired something of her that she had no interest in giving to anyone, even herself, was almost disgusting.  She pushed down the feeling, trying to convince herself that he was only joking. "To a point, yeah, but if I spend a decade in one given place then I have to move on or people get suspicious.  Other than that, I'm free as a bird."

She had to disagree with his suggestion on visiting her birthplace. "Visit Athens now?  The only thing left for me there is ruins; my life there is gone.  All that I would be doing if I went there is remembering, and nothing more.  Even the last time I was there the landscape had changed so much, and the people were different.  It wouldn't do me any good to visit now." She shook her head, thinking that even if there was something else in Greece she would not travel there, but she would not admit to the dull pain her memories brought on.

The whole ambiguity surrounding his said plan worried her, so she decided to attempt persuading him out of it. "Well if I would disagree with it that much, it's probably a very bad idea, and you probably shouldn't do it." If he was going to do something so terrible for the sake of pleasing his parents, it made her wonder why he was so dedicated to them. "Why do you care so much about them?  I realize that they're your parents, but would you really go that far for them?" Euphemia honestly had no clue what his plan was, but she could bluff and take a jab at it to see if she could get him to see sense.  Since she had never had a real relationship with any parental figures, it was difficult to see why making them happy was so important to him, but perhaps he could explain it to her.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Sun May 24, 2015 8:12 pm

Alexander looked at her. And hoped she would be honest with him if he managed to keep his end of the bargain in terms of not ruining any form of lives. He wanted to know her age very badly. He had too. It was the only thing that was keeping him from founding out on his own. Her trust that was, if she wasn't a friend he would have attempted to found out about her age a very long time ago. However out of friendship he did not attempt such things. He wanted a number from her something that he could compare to his own.

Shaking his head he sighed simply. "The point?" he asked her almost being a bit amused by her next statement. "These mortals with short lives don't deserve to be treated like we do. You and I are both better then them. So why do we even keep trying to fit in their world? Why not take over their world with our own. And demand some form of raid. Bunny Raid sounds fantastic right about now." He informed her calmly. He knew she would disagree with him about this. He already predicted this much. Euphemia, had different morals then he did. It was kinda sad to say. But they were in different worlds. If only they're minds were a like. They would bond even more together. Not that they didn't already. They just had different views on things and life.

"I heard turtles live about One hundred to three hundred years. Seem about a good pet to get. They are slow in movement and reproduce like bunnies. Plenty of Children to take care of? If the Mother dies of old age. Have you considered Turtles?" He questioned her. Surely she would pick something like this as a pet. They were very long lived pets. For animals. "Coincidence, Unlikely. We've met each other far to many times for it be coincidence. You and I both know this, Euphemia. " he told her softly. He leaned forward."Or you can stay at my big castle. We can always have have lots of fun there."Alexander winked at her in a joking manner her. Just because she denied him of her. Didn't mean he could not stop trying. He failed Evey time. But he simply would not give up.

"Family is important. If you know what I mean. Even though they decide to disown you." he said in a pouting voice. He then looked at her."Well, Visiting home wouldn't be a bad thing, Euphemia. In fact it was a very good thing to visit home. However visiting home for me would be a bad thing." he told her. Mostly because his family wanted him captured or dead at the current moment. So he had no idea what to expect if he walked into their front yard. He expected to be beheaded."You shall not find out about the plan. You will greatly disapprove. But It will make m family very proud if I attempt to it correctly. My family disowned me. For falling in love with a French woman. I just want is rightfully mine." he told her honestly.

Shaking he's head as a matter of fact it was rightfully he's and he will do whatever he had to do. In terms of getting it back and claiming the throne as his and his only. It would be his amazing victory ever. If he won the War in Starling City. He was sure he could win against pity humans.

He did not need her approval for it. Nor would Euphemia. Stop him from doing any of that sort of stuff. Even though, He was going to do other things. Such as Starting turning humans into Vampires and ruining their lives after that week is done. Euphemia, had a another thing coming. Once Euphemia, had given him his age. He would then be able to committed his acts of ruining people lives. And doing things to them that would screw them over so very badly, it was not even funny at all. But Alexander would play this game. One week wasn't so bad at all. He shall win this. He most certainly had to at least.

He must know Euphemia age one way or another. He was so determined he can pull it off it was not even funny.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Mon May 25, 2015 12:45 pm

Euphemia, if she was speaking with anyone else, would not believe what she was hearing, but it was Alexander and he was known for views that contrasted her own.  Obviously their opinions were incredibly different, perhaps even the opposites of each other. "Because apart from them, what do we have?  What do I have?  I'm not like you, I don't have family, I just have me.  I'd rather live with mortals than be alone forever.  Why conform?  Because there's nothing else.  While you're something different, as far as I know I'm completely human even with my age." That was another way they were unlike each other: he was a vampire, expected to be immortal, but she was just a human anomaly, something that was probably never intended to be.

She went about making another drink for someone else, deciding to prepare herself one with a very low percentage of alcohol.  With Alexander around she would not risk getting drunk even if he swore off ruining people's lives.  He seemed to be set on her getting a pet, but she still disagreed. "They're so much trouble, though.  If they reproduce like bunnies then how am I supposed to care for them all?  Plus I'll have to move anyway, so why have to drag around an animal with me when I could just be by myself?" He was ignoring the lack of practicality that looking after an animal held, especially for an immortal.  While he had a place to stay, she had to flee from prying eyes every decade, falsifying records, history, identity until it became so twisted that she was barely her true self anymore.  Owning a pet would slow her down and allow people to catch on easier, making it a bad idea.

"Well, six hundred years is quite a long time, we were bound to run into each other especially when the population was only a fraction of what it is today." She shrugged, then rolled her eyes at his suggestive comment. "Yeah, we'd play lots of board games like Sorry and Battleship." She still considered his offer, but found faults in it. "In all seriousness I would honestly get very tired of your company and would probably end up leaving anyway.  Staying in one place doesn't feel right anymore; I've spent so much of my life traveling that I don't know what I'd do without it.  Plus, you're way younger than I am and it would end up being really weird and awkward no matter what we try." She clarified her age relative to him, since he was roughly a fourth of her age, but gave no specific number.  That was to be saved until a week later, unless he failed, in which case it would be tucked away for another century.

Euphemia honestly did not know what he meant, because she had never truly had family.  If he wanted to properly convey his point then he would have to find a way to explain what having a family was like, which he had not done as of yet.  She was silent until he finished speaking. "So you would carry it out even if it destroys the world that both she and I love?" Oh yes, she went there.  She dragged in his lover in hopes that she could make him see how terrible his plan obviously was.  Of course, it could work against her in many different ways, but she decided to take the risk.

She began to wonder what had made him into what he was, what had forced him into the mold that he filled.  Had it been his disowning?  Perhaps a different influence she had not yet heard about?  At this point all she could properly do was guess.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Tue May 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Alexander looked at her with his eyes narrowing at her. She's got to be really kidding right. He would hope so that she did. No way would he allow her to act like this in front of him. Well not that he could stop her or anything. He find it a bit strange how she reacted next. He shook his head as he listened to her.."Apart from them you have me? You a have a friend. That tries to get into your pants and fails every time. To this day I still have no idea why it didn't work." He told her softly as he talked about his allure. "You have a family. You silly woman. Have you looked whom exactly you are speaking to? You are my Sister Figure." he admitted to her softly. It was true she was like a sister to him. She truly was he loved her in his sick twisted way. But she wasn't blood never would be. But she would pass for a sister figure any time of the day. "Leave forever alone. I told you. Just now you have me. To go to and vent if you have any problems." He told her honestly. Shaking his head slowly.

"So what if I am something different and your entirely human with some out spoken immortally that has you bond to as human? You think you are not entitled to family?" he asked her curiously. He shook his head. She didn't know wrong she was. She had all the family in the world. Him and she only needed him. Looking at her as his eyes widen in shock. If He five bucks for every time she was whining he would be a richer man."Has anyone told you, you cry a lot." he commented about Euphemia's whining. Honestly she needed to stop crying it was very unattractive for her age. "Yet you keep missing the point to where my Castle is always welcome to you, and your self reproducing Turtles. I keep telling you. You are more then welcome to come a long and stay with me." he informed her again.

"Perhaps.." He commented about the age and how back then their were fewer people back then. It was very interesting to be quite honest. "You would get tired of my company?" he felt hurt slightly and offended. How could she after all these years now she's telling him she was bored of him! What was he some toy for her to toss? How rude of her to do such a thing. When she said he was way younger then her. His eyes shined up like a diamond and he leered at her form. So how old exactly was she? He thought they were a couple centuries apart now their might be the possibility of far more in age? Well Euphemia was just full of surprises now was she. Shaking his head slowly as he did this.

He next words, caused him to break the glass with his hands, the glassed entered his skin. He did not winch or squirm, he glared at her removing the broken glass from his skin. "Never again bring her up into this conversation or any, along with you. You don't get to play that card.." Alexander loved his dead lover very much, and he loved Euphemia like a sister. She did not get the right to play that card with him. No matter how the two of them knew each other."It's unfair and cruel." he announced to her. He did not mention anything further about his plan. He would clearly upset that she said this. And very surprised.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sat May 30, 2015 4:11 am

Euphemia was almost surprised at his blatant declaration of their friendship, though she supposed it would have come sooner or later. "Well, if it's any consolation I don't like anyone," she admitted, not knowing if she had told him that before.  Perhaps she had kept it to herself since she had not believed he was worthy of knowing.  In any case, she had finally found a way to describe her lack of sexual drive. "I'm asexual." Surprisingly enough, Euphemia found that fact was fairly easy to admit to Alexander, probably because of how much she trusted him, though she was not about to point out how she had not told anyone else of her orientation.  Perhaps he would be relieved that she was asexual, since that meant it was her rather than him.  So she was like his sister?  That seemed to fit, considering he was like a brother to her. "'The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb;' I guess you're right.  You know, you're also like a brother to me." A small smile worked its way onto her face, a result of his words. "Thanks."

His next words were something she knew her answer would be challenged by him, but she went ahead and said it anyway. "It's just..." she sighed, "I've never had anyone close to me before.  I'm not really sure how to feel or what to do.  Until now I've been trying, but I think I've lost the battle." A sad smiled dawned on her face, the hidden message that she did not believe she deserved friends or family going unsaid.  It was probably difficult for him to understand, just as she struggled to grasp the true concept of family.  Was it simply a ground of people supporting each other, or was it supposed to be more?  She chuckled quietly at his comment, taking a sip of her drink before replying. "You said yourself that you would listen to me venting, which mostly includes what I've said so far.  Maybe try to see what you're getting into before making any promises next time."

More lecturing, and another mention of the turtles.  Honestly she was not going to get a pet no matter how long it lived since she would always be around longer, and that would only bring pain if she grew attached to it.  One event she had never told Alexander about was when she had become friends with a young Italian woman, Isabella.  The year had been 1478, and Euphemia had just returned to Italy before meeting Isabella, who was very eager to hear of Euphemia's travels.  Over the span of ten years, they grew increasingly close, prompting Isabella to question why Euphemia did not seem to age.  She told the Italian of her immortality, and while Isabella had a hard time keeping it a secret, she was alright with it.  Euphemia kept insisting that she should leave, but she still felt that staying with Isabella would be best.  In 1492, Isabella died of disease, and Euphemia left Italy momentarily, only returning for the voyage to America.  But Alexander was not aware of this, even that it was what caused her avoidance of getting a pet.  Everything on earth was mortal aside from the few odd things and people that she occasionally came across.  She could not risk losing anything again. "Thanks for the offer, but I'll be fine on my own." It was a lie, but it was also what she wanted.

Euphemia jumped when the glass broke, feeling a wave of regret wash over her.  She had made a terrible mistake, possibly endangering their entire relationship. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking." She watched only the counter, shamefully avoiding his gaze. "It wasn't right to bring that up with you." It was probably similar to if he brought up Isabella; losing her was a wound that had never truly healed, though he was not even aware of its existence.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Sat May 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Alexander looked at her and he simply smiled she was truly an amazing person. Yet he was so bad, cruel, and evil. Wanted everything for himself. Wanted to be power hungry, get his family name back. Euphemia, was one person that he trusted that wasn't his personal guard. She was a very loving person even if he hit on her every time. And Failed horribly. He raised his eye brow. At her statement."You what?" He said..he frowned. So she was asexual and never told him. Why, why. Didn't she tell him earlier. At least he knew now it wasn't him. "People talk about these things." He told her. This was very upsetting news. However he would still forgive her. He shook his head and simply sighed. He needed a new hobby. He did he wanted to crown her a jewel no one had ever given her. Sadly she couldn't be claimed due to her lack of sex drive."I.. see.." He said. If only she talked to him about it.

He looked at her and he smiled."You are welcome very much dear. You were always a sister figure to me." He smiled."Welcome." He said gently he felt a bit relaxed. More then before. Still a little be upset. But relaxed. "It's just what, Euphemia? Huh?" He asked her. He honestly did not know what was the big deal. He heard her next words. He simply shook his head."God dammit, Euphemia. Are you so bloody blind? Do you not recognize me as family? I mean sure I'm a ass, sure I've hit on you, sure I've killed murdered, and will keep doing the things I've done best. It doesn't mean I am a heartless man!" he said softly. Alexander cared for his friend."You are family to me." He told her. Jeez why did people have to be so urg. So Broken inside and confused. That annoyed him. Why couldn't people be more war hungry, power hungry, killing machines, etc. WHY?

Of course if their were to many of Alexander's they'll start just killing themselves. Of course they would. Why wouldn't they kill themselves when Alexander had a massive big ego. HA! Lots of Alexanders would give Euphemia a headarch! Alexander simply grinned at those thoughts that were running in his head. "Yes I've promised that you are correct. I don't break my promises however.. I can let you vent all you. But you will hear words from my mouth. I am not the guy. To tell oh don't worry keep venting everything going to be better. You want to vent.. Fine vent, I will listen and then criticize that. Until you dust yourself off from the ground. And move on. I'm the type that will tell it to you how it is." he said smiling at her.

So she decided against it.. Well fair enough her lost. However if she ever needed a Home. His place would always welcome her. He then noticed her say sorry after he crushed the glass. His Pride was telling yes, Euphemia. You better say sorry."I apologize. I shouldn't have snapped." He took a different approach and said he was sorry. It took a lot for him to apologize even to Euphemia. He didn't do apologies.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Sun May 31, 2015 10:48 am

At his reaction she immediately felt the need to explain herself further, hoping that she had not upset him greatly, though perhaps the knowledge would deter him from trying to get in her pants.  Unlikely, but still possible.  Maybe he would even try harder; that would be amusing. "I know," she began, "I should have told you, I just never did because I didn't have a way to really describe it, and I only discovered the term a few years ago.  But hey, at least you know now." She shrugged slightly, offering that as if it would make up for the fact that she had not told him before now. "Plus, you're actually... the first person I've told, though, that isn't actually saying much since I don't have any other close friends." Sure, she had failed to form real relationships with mortals, but that did not mean she had no one to hang out with, get a drink with, and at least she had Alexander.

She was slightly taken aback by his frustration, but she refused to get angry.  Euphemia took in a breath, closing her eyes as she released it, preparing a calm answer. "Okay.  Let me make one thing very, very clear: I don't even truly know what "family" is supposed to mean, so maybe, if you explain it, I can understand better and you can get your point across effectively, alright?  See, mine died by the time I was four, so I barely remember them, let alone what it meant to have them and be with them." She hoped that he would understand, and that her method would work.  Of course he was not entirely the best person, but that did not mean that she hated him for what he did.  If he had at least some small piece of good in him then she would not push him away, especially since he was trying so hard to get her to see his place in her life.

His words were nice to hear, and it was good to know that he would not be passive when she was struggling. "Alright, I can respect that." Now she knew that if she had any problems then he would push her to solve them, which was nice to have.  There had been a time when she had internalized every emotion, every struggle, and it had been a very dark time, right after Isabella's death.  She had run from her problems, but now she knew better, and Alexander was there to help. "And the same goes for you, though.  If you need to talk then I'll be here, ready with listening skills and advice." It was only fair to offer the same in return.

The simple fact that he apologized took Euphemia by surprise.  He did not seem like the type to naturally say sorry, meaning it was probably hard for him, but she had no idea how to respond. "It's fine," she insisted, shrugging it off halfheartedly, "um, do you want," she glanced around, "maybe a towel, or something?" She wondered if he wanted to clean up the blood and glass, and if he was able to heal.  It was no problem if he couldn't, see as there was a first aid kit behind the bar.
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Sun May 31, 2015 11:17 am

Alexander smiled and shook his head. Annoyed at the fact this was going on. Very annoyed at the fact he had to apologize to her. He wasn't the type to say 'Oh I'm sorry, I hit you?' That annoyed him that he had apologized.. He shook he his head. Trying to calm down. Eventuality he had relaxed himself and calmed down. He calm downed temporarily it annoyed him that she brought up his dead lover. When she said she knew. "I see." He replied to their previous conversation they had. Again pride took over him as every peace of his body screamed. DO IT DO IT! let the pride eat away."It's not a problem." He decided against his ass like nature."Perhaps it takes time? Right?" he asked curiously.

"I know now. yes that's great." He mused in. Lovely now that she was asexual. He had no way in getting in her pants. What a shame. Such a shame. She was so good looking and she did not want to be mated with? Nor have children to resume her legacy. He then spoke."So this it where it ends? With you?" he questioned. He shook his head."No sisters no brothers. The family line ends with you. Since you do not have the drive to. Procreate or any interest in sexual activities. It seems the family line ends with you, Euphemia." he said calmly. It was a very shameful day. He would love to claim her as one of his prized collection. Oh well, he tried at least and failed very horribly.

"Family is something that care for someone. Helps them when they need help emotional, family is something that during Christmas spend time with you instead of buying gifts, love you, and are blood. If that makes any sense at all in my sick twisted what of what family is to me." he said calmly. However his family did not do that with him. His family treated him harshly and when his birthday were and holidays they spoiled him. His family did not love him. However, Alexander still loved them back.

He noticed her speak of her parents dying when she was four, that was truly a horrible fate to meet. She might have felt lots of emotions. She offered to give him the same advice as he did to her. No, he wasn't going to vent to her. She had enough on her plate. Then to deal with his tactics.

His annoyance kicked in again. It's fine? Is all she could say? Has she lost her mind completely? After he said he was sorry? Which he hardly ever does she replies with 'It's Fine'. He shook his head. At least she showed concern for him and offered a towel. but the wound that the glass had stuck would be healed after he had taken out the piece from his thumb."I'm healed it's fine." He replied.
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Euphemia Balas Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:10 am

Euphemia watched him, noticing the faint signs of tension but releasing her breath when she saw them disappear.  Fortunately for her that he was capable of restraining himself. "Yeah, it does; also trust, though, and friendship." There was more too it than time, seeing as she had not trusted the people who considered her a friend with that detail of her life.  Many times that had attempted to set her up with someone, but every time she refused to the point where they wondered if she was a lesbian.  Obviously she had denied that because it was just as far from the truth, but she had made the excuse that she wanted to concentrate on herself rather than a relationship.  Luckily they accepted it, at least for the time being.

Wait, this is where what ends? She thought, before he continued speaking. Oh, my family line.  He was perfectly correct, but she had known that for some time, though there was the possibility of some very, very distant relative being alive, however unlikely that was.  In reality he was probably right. "I guess it does, though technically it should have ended when I was very young, seeing as any normal human would have died of disease at that time." She smiled, knowing that she was teasing him by not saying what time or disease she meant.  In her mind she knew, and by the time a week had passed he would know as well. "I think I'm okay with that, though.  But, I mean, if I don't die, which is actually plausible, it still won't end." Thus far she had not had any close encounters with death, even during the Black Plague and the Plague of Athens.

His explanation, while informative, seemed partially superficial.  It was good that family cared for you, but why did he include the part about buying gifts for you?  Nevertheless, she smiled thankfully. "Well, then you're family to me too, though I can't really guarantee Christmas presents every year." She grinned sheepishly, hoping he would take it lightheartedly as she was.  Now she could understand what she meant to him and vice versa, making everything that much easier.

Euphemia could guess that Alexander had, at least at some point, been uncomfortable, so she considered guiding the conversation to a close.  All they had talked about was mostly sensitive topics, and if they continued down that road then it was bound to end up crashing and burning.  She knew that he was a prideful man, and that apologizing was probably very difficult for him to do, so she accepted the apology from earlier silently and nodded. "Okay." She inhaled sharply as a group of customers made their way toward the counter, letting out the breath before turning back to Alexander. "Well, I should really get to work now, maybe we can talk later?"
Euphemia Balas
Euphemia Balas
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Blackwood Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Alexander looked at Euphemia. Giving her a wonderful cheerier smile. Glad they were on the same page now. That he calm down. That same page being not pissing him off or making him apologize which he would refuse to do in the future. It was cruel of him to say sorry to her. It wasn't fair that he had to apologize to her. It was simply wasn't. He shook his head and sighed.

He shook his head and sighed."I see trust is very important." he took out a card of his that was white and held his name. Gave it to her."If you ever need anything give me a call. We can wreck people's lives together." he told her as he smiled at her. Shaking his head he listened to her final words and sighed."Fair enough. Take care then." With that being said he would leave. Once he left he turned to a dark alley, and made his way on air to his Castle. He's been given a week. He won't do anything that would ruin anyone's life for a week. That's too easy.

(Exit)
Alex Blackwood
Alex Blackwood
Citizens
Citizens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down